F1

Williams dropping Hulkenberg – a good thing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So what with the Hulk being named as a Force India driver for 2012, I’ve seen a fair few comments like “williams were mad to drop him” etc.

This got me wondering – perhaps, for Hulkenberg, getting dropped by Williams was a good thing. Think about it, he became FI reserve driver which, although it’s not a race seat, is a seat at a clearly fast developing team. Williams, however, seem to be doing the reverse – they are sort of “undeveloping” themselves (if that makes sense :P), and so do you guys think that perhaps spending a year as reserve driver for a team like FI is actually better for a new driver than at a team which is at the back like Williams. It doesn’t seem to have done Williams much good, mind.

Any thoughts?

john
    Participant

I think its good for Hulkenberg because force india are developing, if he`d stayed at williams I dont think he would be any better off than when he started.
    Spending time with a team thats developing seems like a good idea you just got to make sure it`s the right team.

Williams start well and then fizzle out, Virgin dont seem to be going that well at all and HRT we will have to wait and see. The other teams seem allright.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel that being a third driver at Force India has done him wonders. He know’s the team, know’s the car, been in the simulator and in free practice sessions in the car and I’d say that has helped him ten fold. Being dropped from Williams after one season just to get more money from someone else wouldn’t of done him good at all and he jumped ship or got pushed of it at the right time. Force India are developing into a solid team, finances aside they are solid anyway. Williams proved this year they are on a downward spiral and such a young talent would be wasted in fighting against it. Therefore dropping Hulk was bad for them as they lost a very talented driver but good for him as he has now in a better position, in a better car and better knowledge of the team.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s good for Hulk because he now will get to drive the Force India which, according to 2011 performances, should be miles better than the Williams. But spending an year as test driver, even with some Friday outings, has limited his experience. Had he stayed at Williams he probably wouldn’t have raced for FI in 2012, but he’d have two years of experience and maybe some top team would want him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.