F1

Worst F1 track

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Abu Dhabi is a great location/setting but it does nothing to detract from the fact that the track is not the best.
    Some the worst tracks were those in the US of A, who thought that a GP in a car park was a good idea?

Zeltweg (airbase) was rubbish, it had just 4 corners!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course all of the current tracks are fantastic, but I think Abu Dhabi is the least fantastic.

Kamui Fan
    Participant

Of the presently used circuits, Sakhir and Yas Marina are rather mundane but the worst for me is Yeongam. Its an uninteresting circuit which generates boring races. Of all the Asian grands prix I’d like to see this tedious event removed in order to accomodate a better circuit like Istanbul Park or a new race in a different location such as South Africa or Mexico.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kamui-fan YEONGAM? To me that track is the new Suzuka, it has a bit of everything. The first sector with long straights and tight corners, the second sector with short straights and fast corners, and the final sector which reminds me a bit of Melbourne, and the last corner is absolutely thrilling.

Cristian
    Participant

Monaco. If it wasn’t for the name it would be nothing. I used to eagerly anticipate this race every year until I finally understood that the great race I expected at Monaco is never going to happen. By far the worst track IMO; but, still, I wouldn’t want it to be removed, it’s a classic ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cristian Monaco 2012 was a great race…

Kingshark
    Participant

@joeyz-f1
    According to F1 Fanatic’s it wasn’t.
    ;)

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m not a fan of the “new” Nurburgring in all its forms. It has a few nice corners along the back section of the circuit, but the whole thing has always felt like an attempt to fit as much circuit as possible into the smallest available space.

GeeMac
    Participant

Yeongam. It is a truly uninspired piece of design.

Sakir isn’t actually that bad, I quite like the layout and it has a few interesting sequences of corners in it. That said the extended layout for 2010 was an abomination.

James Brickles
    Participant

I’m surprised I haven’t seen the Nivelles-Baulers circuit pop up here yet

Nick
    Participant

@Brickles It’s even worse in it’s current form (scroll down for a picture) http://www.circuitsofthepast.nl/nl-NL/nivelles

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@geemac

Yeongam. It is a truly uninspired piece of design.

This part is pretty good: high-speed sweepers over a crest, with a steep drop down into a braking zone followed by a slightly-banked double-apex left-hander.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Brickles What don’t you like about Nivelles-Baulers? :/

GeeMac
    Participant

@prisonermonkeys If I’m not mistaken the track actually bears right at the end of your highlighted section, making your double apex left a slightly banked left into a 90 degree right. I think the double apex left is for a shorter configuration of the track.

That section is great I admit, but it is preceded the following sequence: “Long straight, double apex left hander (read as “glorified hairpin”), longer straight, right hand hairpin, quite long straight, hairpin left, 90 degree right, 90 degree left.” By the time you hit your sequence of corners I’ve well and truly lost interest in the track and am barely hanging on to my will to live. The circuit is also a track completely devoid of any character and landmarks due to the fact that it has been built in the middle of nowhere. Even though it has been on the calendar for 3 seasons I still struggle to think my way round a lap, it is an endless string of 90 degree corners and hairpins linked by unnecessarily long straights in my book.

Sorry for ranting a bit. :p

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The circuit is also a track completely devoid of any character and landmarks due to the fact that it has been built in the middle of nowhere.

The idea was to encourage growth in the Mokpo area. The South Korean government wanted to encourage more commercial space and technological industry in the region – but then the recession hit in 2008, and any plans for growth were derailed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.