Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 3 hours ago

F1 discussion

You know you're an "F1 Fanatic" fanatic when…

This topic contains 111 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JP JP 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hare
    Hare
    Participant

Jarred, some guy I know who ran a NZV8 race team last season :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

When one of your proudest moments is getting CotD.

You can easily predict what some users are going to say about certain topics before they’ve even posted their comments.

When one of your highlights to an F1 weekend isn’t just the F1 but the live blogs and you’re filled with a sense of achievement in life and overhwelming gratitude when the mods grant you autopublish.

When you’re willing to wake up at least an hour before F1 coverage starts (even when the races are incredibly early) just so it leaves plenty of time to fight with the laptop to get it working for the live blog and so that there is time to read any new articles and leave comments.

When Keith/a f1fanatic experiences abuse at the hand of a troll yopu immediately want to type to their defence.

Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

That it perfect Steph! You’ve basically said everything that I’ve wanted to say xd

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

…when you become very curious to as what the people you are constantly talking to actually look like.

…when you consider some of your fellow fanatics “cyber friends” without knowing anything about them other than they like F1

Ned Flanders

I must agree with these!

Profile photo of Tom L.
    Tom L.
    Participant

That horrible sense of guilt when you post a question on the rolling quizzes and then can’t get back online to confirm the right answer, and know everyone is waiting expectantly…

Profile photo of sw6569
    sw6569
    Participant

I definitely agree with ratboy. I associate you all with your pictures, and assume you sound like them too!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I really need to change my picture from Alonso then… :P

Oh and thanks Polishboy! :) Ps I love your picture of Kubica’s helmet

…when users change their profile pictures and they feel like an entirely different person to you :P

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

-When you check the rolling trivia every morning before you do anything else

-When you have every link on the website in your favorite list so you can get there that split second faster.

Profile photo of sw6569
    sw6569
    Participant

@steph, well you’re a friend on facebook, so that is slightly different!

I know what you mean about changing pictures though. I won’t change mine, it feels like my identity!

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

sw- I can tell you that I neither look, sound or act like the real Ned Flanders! I don’t believe in God, I’m not left handed, and my parents weren’t “freaky beatniks”

Profile photo of Ads21
    Ads21
    Participant

- when I know that if a thread on the forum or an article has been up for more than half a day Dan and/or Steph will probably have already made a comment that I completely agree with, and this thread is no different.

- when the vast majority of people who follow you on twitter are also f1fanatics

- when you see ‘MP4-19B’ and you don’t you don’t think of the car

- when you scan through the comments on articles looking for recognisable avatars so you know which of the long comments I should read first

Profile photo of PaxJes
    PaxJes
    Participant

You know you’re an “F1 Fanatic” fanatic when… you have “f1fanatic.co.uk” set as your homepage

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

when you drive 3 hours to meet fellow fanatics and talk about F1 all day :D

or when you see old sponsers logos and remember what car they came off

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

When you’ve met Keith and felt honoured

When you don’t feel patriotic at all but rage at “British bias” comments

When you hate PM one day and love him the next

When you say you don’t want to brag about your COTDs but do so at every opportunity (like this one)

When you feel like someone who supports a different team and a rival driver is still your friend

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

@Icthyes being his brother the honour of meeting him wears off ;)

ooooo im going to pay for that comment haha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.