• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 16 hours ago

F1 discussion

Young drivers you have high hopes for

This topic contains 77 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wsrgo wsrgo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Someone else to keep an eye on: Kourosh Khani, and Iranian driver joining Formula 2 this year. I know that Formula 2 is hardly the epitome of competition, but as with David Zhu, I think a lot of younger, promising drivers have been encouraged to enter the series. Khani was seventh in winter testing, and his results in Formula Renault show a rapid and consistent improvement. And, like HRT taking Ma Qinghua, a Middle Eastern driver would be a bit of a coup for a Formula 1 team.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

In alphabetical order, not in an order of who I think is best:
    Daniel Abt (GER)
    Valtteri Bottas (FIN)
    James Calado (GBR)
    Kevin Ceccon (ITA)
    Mitch Evans (NZL)
    Robin Frijns (DEN)
    Esteban Gutierrez (MEX)
    Daniel Juncadella (ESP)
    Kevin Korjus (EST)
    Kevin Magnussen (DEN)
    Felipe Nasr (BRA)
    Alexander Rossi (USA)
    Carlos Sainz, Jr. (ESP)
    Richie Stanaway (NZL)
    Robert Wickens (CAN)
    Lewis Williamson (GBR)

Profile photo of sozavele
    sozavele
    Participant

I have actually been privelleged to go to school with three extremely promising future racers, two of which are in my year, however the one I put most confidence in is Jordan King, he has taken the championships he has been in by storm and in the Formula Renault Series he drove for the Manor Motorsport Team.

Profile photo of Pamphlet
    Pamphlet
    Participant

Robert Visoiu. Naturally saying this because I’m Romanian myself, but there is some potential in that kid.

Does Luiz Razia count? I mean, he’s 23, but he’s been damn unlucky not to enter F1 yet.

Profile photo of kosmic164
    kosmic164
    Participant

@fixy Mitch Evans is a New Zealander not an Australian

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

@kosmic164 oops! Sorry! Corrected it now :)

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

With Ferrari bemoaning the lack of an Italian driver on the grid, I’m betting they’ve got one eye fixed on Raffaele Marciello (if they’re not supporting him already), because he’s just won his fourth F3 Euroseries race at the Red Bull Ring.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100058

Profile photo of duncanmonza
    duncanmonza
    Participant

He does seem pretty good, Kevin Ceccon is also looking like one of the best young Italian drivers.

I also have my eye on Aaro Vainio, Mitch Evans, Carlos Sainz Jr and Nyck de Vries

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Sam Bird who is currently leading the Formula Renault 3.5 series.. Lets hope his luck holds out this year, unlike his seasons in GP2…

Profile photo of duncanmonza
    duncanmonza
    Participant

@bradley13 Sam Bird is 25 years old already, that’s 3 years older than Perez, Ricciardo, Vergne and Pic who are already in F1. I’d say he’s missed his chance.
    The people he’s racing in WSR are all 19 and 20 too.

Profile photo of bag0
    bag0
    Participant

I would really like to see Tamas Kiss Pal GP3 driver in an F1 car once, but I know it is highly unlikely, as he would need more and better sponsors to get into a better team, thus getting better chance to step up. But I think his first drive in Monaco have made some points (2nd in an Atech CRS) :)

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@duncanmonza – I know, but I still hope he can get there. When I used to watch him in GP2, he’d always attack. Was brilliant to watch.

Profile photo of Alonso
    Alonso
    Participant

Conor Daly even he drove a F1 with Force India, Alex Brundle maybe can get the same sucess a he´s father Martin but i believe he will drive a F1.

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

@Alonso – Alex Brundle hasn’t even won a single junior series yet, and he’s 21. He’s been in open-wheel racing for 6 years and his best result in any series was 7th.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Brundle#Racing_record

I doubt he’s F1 material.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Bottas and some guys from GP3 the rest are just common drivers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.