F1

Your 2012 New Year’s resolutions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Girts
    Participant

Have you already set any goals for yourself to accomplish in 2012? Let’s post our F1 related New Year’s resolutions here.

I am planning to increase my knowledge of F1 history. It’s not like I don’t know who Jim Clark was but I probably haven’t paid enough attention to the sport’s rich history until now. I would also like to go to some Grand Prix again but let’s see whether I can make it.

Enigma
    Participant

1600×900

The terrible joke aside, I think similar to yours. I’d like to know more about the history of the sport, and the technical part as well. I’d also like to follow series like GP2, GP3 and Formula Renault 3.5 more closely, and I’d love to go to my first Grand Prix. Also, more karting.

@Enigma

1600×900

C:/Users/Geoffrey/My_Pictures/GIFs/MichaelJordanLaugh.gif

My F1 resolution is to put my studies before my F1 watching. It won’t happen though and I’ll probably keep using a Grand Prix weekend as an excuse to do no work for an entire race day.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

My resolution is to get a DVR so that I can record Montreal, Austin, Interlagos and possibly Abu Dhabi (the race starts around midnight here) rather than staying up all night to watch the races. That way, I won’t be late for school the next day.

Alternatively, I’ll con the school into giving me a timetable with no lessons first thing Monday morning.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys all us Year 12s at our school get Monday P1 off, it’s like they support my crazed F1 viewing!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Eh, well, I’m a teacher, so it’s not really a luxury I’d have at my disposal – year twelve might get first period off, but there’s still the sevens through to the elevens who have classes then … and I’m an English teacher, so I’m bound to have a full load. I just need to find a school to employ me first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine is to probably watch every lap of every race, live or otherwise. Also read up on F1 history as it is deep and I feel as though I know very little of it. Also try and pass my A levels this year seen as though my first year I messed up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine is to probably watch every lap of every race, live or otherwise. Also read up on F1 history as it is deep and I feel as though I know very little of it. Also try and pass my A levels this year seen as though my first year I messed up.

PieLighter
    Participant

New Year’s Resolutions are too cliché for me, although this is too good to pass up on:
    Swallow my pride and watch F1 on Sky.

gwenouille
    Participant

Mine is 1920×1200.
    So it’s better than Enigma’s !
    Hmm

Apart from that, spending more time with my children, eating less but better and telling my wife i love her more often would be great !

damonsmedley
    Participant

Massively jealous of @Enigma‘s resolution! I’m only a 1280×800 kind of guy… And @Gwenouille, that’s just showing off!

My goal (resolution sounds too pixelated) for 2012 is to find part-time work, get some money, attend the Australian Grand Prix with @Aus_Steve, put a bit of weight on, and enjoy myself. Ultimately, I just want to have a better year than 2011!

Happy New Year, by the way.

wasiF1
    Participant

Just want to talk more about F1 with you all in this blog /forum.

sato113
    Participant

mine’s a rather odd 1366×768

its a widescreen laptop.
    anyway i wanna watch all the practice sessions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.