F1

Your all-time favorite driver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    TheJudge
    Participant

I was reding some tweets from the drivers today,after the GP and tought of a fans loyality thing. So I wanted to make a topic,where you tell which driver is your all-time favorite and why is it so? I will start off by saying that my all time favorite is Michael Schumacher,because he was the one I grew up watching. From the first F1 race I saw ,I was watching him,and now I still am a passionate fan of him since he returned to the sport. I’m crossing my fingers in every single race for him.

raymondu999
    Participant

Ack. Hmmph. Gilles Villeneuve and Jim Clark come to mind.

David-A
    Participant

Michael Schumacher

Eggry
    Participant

to me Fernando Alonso.

Ricardo Rosset.

Seriously though I will have to do an article along these lines one day.

the_sigman
    Participant

Ayrton Senna

Girts
    Participant

@KeithCollantine I think I can beat you on this one, Alex Yoong is my favourite :)

Alex is really one of my favourite drivers. However, I was a big Schumacher fan for many years but fell in love with Kovalainen after MS left me, I mean, F1…

I would say that Kovalainen is not only my current passion, he’s now my all-time favourite driver, too.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Girts Yoong!? Demon begone! However he’s quite the Vettel fanboy, so I must commend him on his driver choice :P

Slr
    Participant

Fernando Alonso because he’s just awesome. Kamui Kobayashi is a very close second.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Difficult one to answer. Of the current crop I’d say Alonso. I’ve been a fan of his since the Renault days, and in my opinion he’s equal in terms of ability to any of the greats of the sport’s history. If he wins this year’s championship it’ll be a masterclass on how to extract the maximum from what you’re given, and he’ll have used the tools available to him to devastating effect.

My childhood hero, when I started watching F1, has to be our Nige. The hype and following for lewis Hamilton is nothing compared to the mansell mania of yesteryear. He embodied everything that’s great about the british sportsman – dogged, determined, relentless, indefatigable. And he had a sweet ‘tache.

Favourite driver of all time? Probably james Hunt. The playboy image belied a talent which should have been able to shine much brighter than it did, and his witty, insightful commentary was among the best that F1 fans have ever enjoyed. What a guy.

the_sigman
    Participant

@Girts @keithcollantine You forgot Yuji Ide

TheJudge
    Participant

@chris goldsmith What a great answer to share. Btw,I totaly agree about Alonso,but he should change his attitude to the world of fans,because it sometimes looks careless.

Frain stermin
    Participant

Fernando Alonso

MazdaChris
    Participant

I do see what you mean about Alonso’s approach to fans, and I think it can look that way especially to English speakers. But I do generally feel that he gives good interviews, often speaks honestly, and has a really positive attitude when he speaks about the team which seems totally genuine rather than a PR man’s answers.

He’s also, if you follow him on the likes of Twitter and Instagram, quite a funny and quirky guy. It’s not something which will come across so much in interviews made pre and post race, but when he speaks in a casual situation a much more easy going side of him emerges. But of course, he loves his Spanish and Italian fans, and I don’t think that’s something to be derided, any more than you could blame someone like Hamilton for paying more attention to the British fans.

Yaya Ishaq
    Participant

Jean Alesi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.