My dream season? Hmmm…
1. Schumi returns to winning ways, becoming a regular on the podium.
2. McLaren (and their drivers) are dismissed from the Championship (a la 2007) for technical and racing infringements.
3. Sauber drivers reach the podium.
4. Reliability for all teams return to that of the 1970s and ’80s…aka, terrible.
5. All ‘Tilke’ tracks have their run-off areas removed and replaced with grassed areas and gravel traps…either that, or they are removed from the calendar and replaced with the old-school circuits like Imola, Estoril etc.
6. Sky decide that they aren’t getting enough viewing figures, and return the rights to the BBC at the end of the season.
7. Five drivers (Vettel, Webber, Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen) are in contention for the Championship title at the final race of the season, and after an amazing race with plenty of close action, Schumacher takes the victory and the Championship by one point from Vettel, who finishes one point ahead of Raikkonen.
In a more realistic set of circumstances, I would definitely like to see Raikkonen and Schumacher winning races; I would love to see more close racing for all positions throughout the field; and I would like to see the ‘new teams’ start to pull their weight and score some points.