Your dream 2012 Formula 1 season?
13th December 2011, 20:21 at 8:21 pm #187529
1. Alonso wins the championship in a two-way title fight with Schumi, with Mercedes winning the Constructor’s title.
2. Kimi wins at Spa and gets another 2-3 podiums (Monaco, Singapore)
3. Hamilton wins in Turkey and Nurburgring
4. A Sauber driver gets on the podium
5. Perez gets Massa’s seat at Ferrari
6. Caterham scores first points13th December 2011, 20:50 at 8:50 pm #187530
1.F1 Fanatics are shocked by a new & evolved Lewis Hamilton
2.McLaren & Ferrari resume their rivalry(1998-2008) as the teams to beat with Red Bull,Mercedes & Lotus(Renault( not far behind at all.
3.Raikkonen & Schumi have constant lightning starts from their grid positions,mixing it with the Big guns or even winning races.
4.Caterham(formally Lotus) finally mixes it within the Midfield
5.Hamilton on Pole at Monaco(i dont care how the rest of the weekend pans out for him)
6.Too much to ask but at the end of the season,3 Drivers have an equal amount of points,wins & podiums.13th December 2011, 21:41 at 9:41 pm #187531
1. Rubens Barichello stays with a once again front running Williams team.
2. 5 way duel for the title between Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Rubens Barichello, Mark Webber, and Felipe Massa concluding at the penultimate round with Rubens coming out on top.
3. Team Lotus/Caterham scores a point
4. Surprise win from a midfielder (i.e. FI, Sauber)
5. Pastor Maldonado loses his superlicense.14th December 2011, 10:43 at 10:43 am #187532
Obviously we all want to see a close title fight but my top three events I would like to see happen are;
1. Mark Webber to won the world title.
2. Nico Rosberg to get his first win preferably at home.
3. Kovalainen to score some points.
Roll on 2012 :)14th December 2011, 15:01 at 3:01 pm #187533
@tettf1 where exactly would Nico’s “home” race be though?
1. McLaren have the fastest car, and win the constructors.
2. McLaren dominate proceedings; leading the title (sometimes with JB; mostly with LH) from start to the penultimate race, only to have Vettel sneak in his 3rd consecutive title in as many years.
3. Kimi nabs Spa pole through changing conditions; though he doesn’t have the car to win in dry; so he doesn’t win.
4. JB breaks his McLaren contract and partners Seb for the 2013 season. Kimi breaks his Renault contract and signs alongside LH at McLaren for 2013
5. Felipe wins again! and he’s actually competitive with Alonso
6. Hulkenberg steamrolls (not edges; steamrolls) Di Resta.
7. Schumi wins a race via attrition; and gets wet podiums on merit. Rosberg can’t quite match Schumi; and Schumi beats him in the standings.
8. Vergne beats Ricciardo in qualifying AND races. Points too.14th December 2011, 15:12 at 3:12 pm #187534
1. RBR, McLaren,Ferrari,Mercedes,Lotus all produce competitive cars for a close fought season.
2. Race seats for Ricciardo and Vergne
3. Podiums for Schumacher, Grosjean, Alguersuari.
4. Wins for Massa in Monza, Alonso in Valencia, Button at Silverstone.
5. Wins for Webber at Melbourne, Spa, Monaco, Suzuka, Hockenheim, Singapore, Sao Paulo
6. Raikkonen gets bored after Grosjean out scores him and is replaced after Spa by Kubica.
7. Six different pole sitters.
8. Points for Pic.
9. WDC for Webber.14th December 2011, 15:22 at 3:22 pm #187535
@raymondu999 touche Sir, I had forgotten Rosberg lives in Monaco but because he is German his home race has to be The German Grand Prix! :) Although I don’t care what race he wins once he wins one and puts the rumors of him becoming Nick Heidfeld to bed!14th December 2011, 16:26 at 4:26 pm #187536
1.Kimi pissing off the Mclaren’s and Red Bull.
2.Ferrari back with there glory days.
3.Vettel and RedBull fighting hard for the qualifying pace.(enough victories with the bloody RB7)14th December 2011, 17:20 at 5:20 pm #187537
Wow, didn’t expect #2 of mine to come true so soon!14th December 2011, 17:58 at 5:58 pm #187538
WDC decided like the Nascar series this year, last race, numbers 1 & 2 battling for the win.
RB, McLaren and Ferrari all develop winning cars where the winner is the driver, not the chassis.
MSC and Massa getting podiums, often
(and a 4th, Massa ahead of Hamilton in the points, rof).14th December 2011, 19:55 at 7:55 pm #187539
1. Ferrari & Alonso winning the WCC & WDC respectively.
2.Felipe Massa back in form
3.RBR with the third fastest car.14th December 2011, 21:02 at 9:02 pm #187540
1. big title scrap with as many teams as possible
2. hamilton back to his beat
3.heikki in the points and trulli given the boot to make room for another young driver15th December 2011, 0:38 at 12:38 am #187541
1. Closely matched teams and a really tight championship race
2. Schumacher and Raikkonen winning a race
3. A Sauber on the podium (it’s been 2003 since that happened!)
4. Caterham scoring points and joining the midfield battle
5. Marussia and HRT surviving
6. A mad race with a surprise winner17th December 2011, 11:46 at 11:46 am #187542
I’d like to see the following:
– A 2010-esque championship battle.
– 2011-style racing.
– A new race winner.
– Exciting races in Bahrain, Valencia and Abu Dhabi.
– No politics getting in the way of things.
– Toro Rosso to be sold and become a proper team.17th December 2011, 12:04 at 12:04 pm #187543
Hamilton wins a close title, and it isn’t controversial.
Alonso, Button and Vettel are all challenging, possibly with Rosberg and Schumacher.
Schumacher gets a podium or win.
Raikkonen gets a podium or win, and a pole.
Grosjean proves his worth along with Senna if he finds a seat mid-season.
Exciting races, more Canada, China and Germany-like.
Caterham bag some points.
Perez and di Resta continue to shine.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.