F1

Your favourite F1 sponsor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a sponsor you’ve seen on an F1 car you feel is the best? And that’s based on any criteria – racy image, cool colour scheme, association to a particular driver, or just a period of time you like?

Such as:
    John Player Special: was there anything cooler than the black and gold!
    Benetton: always added a splash of colour especially in their early days
    Vodafone: the red and silver McLaren always looked great, and connected to the emergence of Lewis Hamilton
    Gitanes: always associated with Ligier, the 1982 car looked the best
    7-up: looked elegant on Jordan’s classic debut car

Mehtab Ahmed
    Participant

Jordan had good liveries especially from 1997 to 2001 with the snake, Bee, and the shark on their Nose and the yellowish colour-scheme just looked gorgeous.

barkun
    Participant

@Rodney how about This for a good looking Ligier?

I always loved the Marlboro Mclaren (maybe biased here) and the herd of Marlboro backed drivers back in the 80s and 90s

PorscheF1
    Participant

Rothmans both on the Porsches in Le Mans as the ’94 Williams.

andae23
    Participant

Toss-up between John Player and Martini I guess

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I always thought that the 1998 Benetton Playlife looked like the first ‘computer designed livery’, haha. But the West McLaren was a good scheme, same for Vodafone (and I think Bahrain was a convenient excuse for them to cut that sponsorship to save costs). B&H Jordan I did like in the late 90s too. BMW Williams (with IT sponsors and not tobacco), Yellow/Blue Telefonica Renault.. how long have we got :). Red Bull.. Red Bull? Sauber originally..

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

Rothmans. I loved the Williams’ liveries from 94-97, with the 96 design my favourite. They also had a spell sponsoring the Honda 500cc bikes before Repsol, and they were really good looking too.

Daniel
    Participant

Always loved the Honda Lucky Strike logo/livery, such as in 2004.

JackySteeg
    Participant

Definitely Rothmans for me. Every car/bike with that livery was gorgeous.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Deutsche Post, gave the Jordans their yellow color? or at least there was good contrast.
    Jordan F1

hunocsi
    Participant

Orange on the Arrows was my favorite, especially their 2002 livery.

Ciaran
    Participant

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Canon Williams livery, especially in the Renault days when it was combined with Camel colours.

Another F1 sponsor I liked which wasn’t on a car, but rather on the advertising hoardings, was Fosters. I don’t know why but I liked their signs and I do miss them from Formula 1.

Djangles LeVaughn
    Participant

I see a recurring theme here. Most of the liveries you people have chosen as your favourites are cigarette packets on wheels.

PorscheF1
    Participant

@Ciaran – how could I forget. Lovely one indeed.

Quite a simple one though the Lotusses of Jim Clark were quite stunning colour schemes too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@barkun Yes that is nice, but I prefer this one!

Ligier 1982

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.