F1

Your one hope for 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

A new year is upon us and it could be a very important one for Formula One.

What’s the one thing you’re hoping to see from F1 in the new year? What’s the most important way the sport could change for the better in the next 12 months?

glynh
    Participant

The sports, mostly, fine. If I could see one thing it would be a global aim to return to free to air. No point changing other stuff if no-one’s watching.

Diceman
    Participant

I’m gonna be boring and wish for a championship battle that involves more than just one team.

WheelToWheel
    Participant

For more teams to come into a weekend with a good chance of a race win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope at least two teams can fight for wins regularly throughout the season, preferably Ferrari and McLaren. I want to see Vettel, Räikkönen and Alonso all get back where they belong on the top step of the podium.

Ben Krigers
    Participant

Again boring but to see Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, and McLaren all fighting it out every weekend. If the new regulations bring chaos and unpredictability even for just one season, then viewing figures and interest will return.

Retired
    Participant

Three teams fighting for the championship and a McLaren team battling for the podium.

One suggestion for the site would be to choose by default a top 5 for the predictions championship so we enter the game even if we forget to set a top 5 before qualifying.

Thumbs up for F1F and happy new year 2017.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I’ll be blunt, I want to see Kimi and Alonso (and maybe Massa for real) retired at the same time next year. The field is so full of young potential it feels like a proper change of the guards. Soon there’ll be no driver on the grid from when I started watching in 2002.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

“DRS enabled” messages to not appear at any point this season. Am I being too optimistic?

@craig-o “F-duct enabled.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

About F1, I hope Pirelli doesn’t mess their tyres again. I’m so fed up with tyres that explode as soon as the driver really tries to push.

And about this site, @keithcollantine, what happened to that “+1” button that appeared here as a beta, for I think a couple of days? Probably in that way we could also choose the COTD.

McL88AsAp
    Participant

Personally I just hope the field become much closer, unpredictable races, perhaps like 2012. 4 years consecutively I’ve been really tired of a single man/team dominance, 2014 was a decent one though.

My second hope would be McLaren fighting for podiums, perhaps for wins or even championship? Anything can happen in a huge regulation shake up, even if can put them at the back of the grid.

hahostolze
    Participant

A return to 2010 and 2012 would do me fine, multiple race winning cars.
    And for the youngest pole position ever ;-)

Tracy
    Participant

Closer racing, multiple winners, Ferrari & McLaren fighting for podiums/wins. Pretty much what everyone else seems to want.

hunocsi
    Participant

Apart from diversity in the results (with Red Bull as a favorite and McLaren a strong podium contender) I want that whatever changes Liberty make will be for the better of the sport, both on and off track. I’m sure they will have some brand new ideas in terms of F1 so let’s hope they work with the sport.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.