• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 3 hours, 59 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Video: Vettel’s ’yellow flag’ overtakes

This topic contains 206 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bullfrog Bullfrog 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of raymondu999
    raymondu999
    Participant

As far as precedent goes – I remember him overtaking Trulli under yellows in Malaysia 2010 or 2011. However Trulli was shown to be waving him past – which Trulli was – and so it was let go (No, I’m not talking of the Melbourne 2009 controversy with Lewis and Trulli)

raymondu999
    Participant

Found it – it was Malaysia 2010.

Profile photo of August
    August
    Participant

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/youtube-analysis-vettels-yellow-flag-overtakes/?topic_page=2&num=15#post-80921

Look at that marshall’s post in this gif:

http://i.minus.com/ifCeF4LzTDLqY.gif

You can see some different green where the marshall’s post is. It’s the green flag.

Profile photo of devotee
    devotee
    Participant

Good post August.

Profile photo of Ads21
    Ads21
    Participant

Well I’ve been persuaded the pass was legal, good sleuthing guys! It’s on things like this that the F1 Fanatic forum can be invaluable.

Still think the inter-team orders absolutely stink though, and surely Ferrari need to use the influence of their engine contract to stamp it out. Sporting considerations aside, Ferrari shouldn’t be tolerating one of their engine customers accepting inter-team orders from their main rival. And to think Ferrari was the subject of wild conspiracy theories after Malasyia, yet on Sunday Kobayashi in his Ferrari powered car was making a right nuisance of himself fighting with the Ferraris while Torro Rossos were waving Vettel by.

raymondu999
    Participant

I think even if it wasn’t ordered – the STR boys wouldn’t hold up the RBR boys, from the point of view that they’re still teammates, pretty much, and that they’re basically employed by RBR, just “assigned” to the B-team until such time that they’ve proven themselves.

Mind you, Ricciardo held Webber off in Singapore though…

Profile photo of August
    August
    Participant

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/youtube-analysis-vettels-yellow-flag-overtakes/?topic_page=2&num=15#post-80919

I think that maybe happened because Vergne let Seb past and Seb/team was unsure whether it was legal to pass on that straight (it was). And Seb let Vergne then past.

Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

@raymondu999 Back then Trulli slowed down a hell of a lot, I think with a car problem, and Vettel only overtook him after seeing him wave. Can’t really be compared with this situation.

Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcurxm_jtsv_webcam

Profile photo of celeste
    celeste
    Participant

Some spanish media is reporting that Ferrari is considering their optiond for the apeal…

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Celeste Any links?

Profile photo of TommyB
    TommyB
    Participant

It’s funny what a big thing Sky made of the incident with Kobayashi. I didn’t actually think about looking on the dash for the yellow light but you’d think with Sky having four ex-F1 drivers in the team they’d notice something like that.

The JEV thing, I guess technical the move was made under yellows but if a guy just backs down what are you meant to do? Come to a complete stop? That’s probably more dangerous.

Profile photo of celeste
    celeste
    Participant

@keithcollantine

Here is say about Ferrari considering on apeal…

http://www.noticias24.com/internacionales/noticia/48773/el-mundial-de-f1-podria-cambiar-de-manos-revelan-adelantamiento-ilegal-de-vettel/
    I´m sure I saw another one, but I can´t find it now…
    Another spanish media ABC.es say Ferrari won´t take action…I´m looking at http://www.elpais.com by far the more serious media on Spain and they are not even making mention of the video…

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Some spanish media is reporting that Ferrari is considering their optiond for the apeal

What, three days after the race?

If they really intended to appeal, they would have done it by now. Probably during the race. And even if they did protest it, the FIA would be unlikely to change the race result because it would change the championship result. Any post-race penalty would come in the shape of a time penalty being added onto Vettel’s time. Since the race finished under safety cars, that would move Vettel out of the points and hand the title to Alonso. I think the FIA would be very hesitant to do that.

Profile photo of camo8723
    camo8723
    Participant

Spanish media tend to look always the “Alonso Side” of the problems. Even if they report such news about Ferrari we have to wait for the official information from Ferrari or FIA. I’m from Latin America, as you could suppose here the sports channel that broadcast F-1 is living “Checo Mania” Maldonado gets attention too, but not at the same level as Perez and of course they tend to look the “Checho Side” too. We are F-1 fanatics but also we can understand that Ferrari, Alonso, RBR or Vettel have the means to attack or defend those decisions. Just let’s wait and see

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Spanish media tend to look always the “Alonso Side” of the problems.

Well do I remember 2009, when they kept trying to influence Ferrari’s driver line-up. And even when all parties denied that anything had been signed, and late announced that an agreement had only been made the week before the Italian Grand Prix and the contract signed that weekend, the Spanish press still credited themselves as having “gotten” a seat at Ferrari for Alonso, pointing to all their previous “reports” from as early as the Bahrain Grand Prix as proof that Alonso would race for Ferrari because the Spanish media wanted him to.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.