Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Formula E

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

The FIA’s new electric Formula E championship launches in 2014.

2014-2015 Formula E calendar

This topic contains 35 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    andae23
    Participant

That’s more like it.

Nick
    Participant

These designs remind me of various half-hearted street circuits we’ve seen in series like A1GP..

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@ajokay I thought similar.. but the two cities that have been proposed are both in North America (unless they count Mexico City in that).

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Formula E have revealed another of its circuits and this time it’s one F1 cars have on before – albeit a very long time ago.

The Californian round will be held at Long Beach on an abridged version of the IndyCar track, which of course in turn shares some corner with the track F1 used from 1976 to 1983. Here’s the layout:

Long Beach Formula E circuit

Zantkiller
    Participant

Hmmm…. going to Long Beach and Monaco makes it almost feel like a reconditioned AVUS should host the Berlin round instead of a track at Tempelhof airport.

I quickly designed a Formula e AVUS and isn’t too crazy or bad.

It would require some autobahn armco to be removed to allow the chicane from one lane to the other but seeing that grandstand reconditioned and filled with fans would be worth it.

Have the track run clockwise (the opposite way AVUS was run), with the start line after the final chicane and just before the nordkurve with the old pit exit being the pit entrance.

The old pit lane could be turned back into a pit lane from a carpark with a grandstand lining the outside of the nordkurve.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Nice to have Long Beach.. another race that fits in with the race at another series.

It would be nice to have AVUS.. I imagine that it’s probably cheaper just to lay a track at the abandoned airport, than reconfigure AVUS back into a race track, after they took that option away sadly.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.