Formula E

2014 Formula E Teams and Drivers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Currently no drivers have been confirmed, he is a list of the currently confirmed teams.

Drayson Racing, UK
    China Racing, China
    Andretti Autosport, USA
    Dragon Racing, USA

Other teams such as Vastha Racing and Bluebird are waiting to be confirmed.

andae23
    Participant

According to these reports, Alain Prost will enter the series with his own team:

http://www.pitpass.com/50240/Prost-becomes-Formula-E-team-owner
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131023/f1/131029911

I’m sorry, but.. ROFL!

andae23
    Participant

And the series just confirmed the news:

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Nice to see Alain back!

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Had a feeling DAMS would be involved in the series. Barwa Addax to be confirmed soon now that they’ve withdrawn from GP2?

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

I hope Alain is popular in other parts of the world, he is gonna need it if he has any chance of winning :-)

robk23
    Participant

Sponsored by Leerdammer, Babybel and Cathedral City maybe?

Nick
    Participant

Here’s hoping that goes a little better than Prost Grand Prix!

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@npf1

Always funny watching back videos from the early 2000’s with Prost always looking dejected and wondering why he ever bothered :-)

Tomsk
    Participant

Bit of a cheesy name. Is Niki Gouda involved in it? And Max Stilton.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Maybe Formula E is actually Paul’s best chance of becoming an FIA World Champion. If he got more titles than Vettel, I’m sure we wouldn’t hear the end of it…. That’s also if it lasts that long! I’m sure it’ll do better than FIA F2, but you never know, and if anyone knows how to kill the competition, it’s BCE…

Oli Peacock
    Participant

You can add Super Aguri to that list now :)

Super Aguri is back!

Super Aguri Formula E car

Legendary Japanese racing driver Aguri Suzuki and Formula E Holdings have today reached an agreement that will see Super Aguri Formula E become the sixth team to enter the new FIA Formula E Championship.

The Tokyo based team, a major market for electric vehicle technology, is a brand new venture for Suzuki, who brings with him a wealth of Formula One experience as a driver, team owner and mentor. An icon of Japanese motorsport, Suzuki spent eight seasons as an F1 driver between 1988-95 – competing in 88 Grands Prix – and was team owner of Super Aguri F1 which competed in the sport from 2006 until 2008. Suzuki currently oversees Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (ARTA), which competes in the Super GT series in Japan and runs entries in both the GT500 and GT300 categories.

Super Aguri Formula E now becomes the championship’s second team to be based in Asia after China Racing and the sixth of 10 teams that will be put forward to the FIA for final approval by its World Motor Sport Council. They join leading IndyCar outfits Andretti Autosport and Dragon Racing, UK-based Drayson Racing and e.dams – a joint venture between Alain Prost and Dams founder Jean-Paul Driot who were announced just last week.

“Today is a new chapter for the Super Aguri name and I’m proud that our team will represent Japan in the inaugural Formula E series,” said Aguri Suzuki, Executive Chairman of Super Aguri Formula E. “Zero emissions racing is a progressive concept for the motorsport industry, and after more than 40 years as both a driver and team owner, I see Formula E as a great stride towards the future.

“Japan has always been at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation and technology and our participation in the series will enable us to promote and develop electric vehicle technology not just in our region, but also on a global scale.”

Joining Suzuki at Super Aguri Formula E is Mark Preston, who assumes the role of Team Principal. The pair last worked together at Super Aguri F1 where Preston assisted in the team’s formation and worked as technical director. Also onboard are Peter McCool as Technical Director and Ferry Spijkerman as Commercial Director.

Mark Preston said: “It’s great to make a return to racing in Formula E. Global trends in connectivity, collaborative consumption and the electrification of drivetrains, support our overall vision to turn mobility into a service, rather than a product, especially in the urban setting, where Formula E races will take place.”

Beginning in September 2014, Formula E is a new FIA racing championship using fully-electric single-seater race cars competing in the heart of 10 of the world’s leading cities – including Beijing, Los Angeles and London.

Alejandro Agag, CEO of series promoters Formula E Holdings, added: “We’re very pleased to have Super Aguri join the FIA Formula E Championship and to be welcoming yet another high profile name onto the grid. Japan has a long and celebrated motorsport heritage, as well as one of the most prominent and largest car industries in the world, so it’s a real honour to have a Japanese team and we hope this will lead to interest from manufacturers and possibly even a Formula E race there in the future.”

andae23
    Participant

I thought it couldn’t get any funnier than Prost returning, but… this is turning into some sort of F1-fail reunion!

himmatsj
    Participant

Come on…Super Aguri weren’t all that bad. I think was it in 2007 or 2008, they outclassed Honda totally and Sato had some fine races. I remember them fighting Alonso on pace in Canada 07.

But yes, very odd to see Prost and Aguri in here.

Is there any chance a Malaysian team (Proton maybe?) might join in the fun? Or perhaps Caterham?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.