Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Formula E

Public Group active 3 weeks, 2 days ago

The FIA’s new electric Formula E championship launches in 2014.

Formula E launch car at Frankfurt Auto Show

Tagged: 

This topic contains 68 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of himmatsj himmatsj 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Diceman
    Diceman
    Participant

They can’t be serious, right? Both drivers and fans will hate it, so I don’t find any sensible reason for introducing such a stupid system.

Profile photo of HawkAussie
    HawkAussie
    Participant

They are completely mad

Profile photo of bigwilk
    bigwilk
    Participant

Viewed as a way to encourage drivers to connect with the viewers (let’s not say fans just yet) I can see where they are coming from. F1 is a good example where access to the stars is not what it could be – take the V8 Supercars where the commentary team interview drivers as they do their slowdown lap after qualifying!

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Bradley, my problem with it is that it is a completely unsporting gimmick. Therefore, if it has any impact on the racing at all (which is the whole point) it doesn’t belong in the series. Motorsport is not and should not be a popularity show masquerading as a talent show. It is a sport, and in sport fan support should only go as far as giving a psychological advantage, not a tangible one.

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Urgh.

I was all set to give Formula-E a chance, regardless of having to change cars as a battery-endurance cop-out, I was still a wee bit excited in seeing a new set of races in some of the greatest cities on earth.

Battery powered single seaters should have been unique enough a niche for fans to watch at least one race.

Profile photo of Meander
    Meander
    Participant

Still can’t get over this either:

Pit stop will involve a change of car: when the battery runs out, the driver will make a pit stop, then will run 100 metres to climb into a recharged car

Profile photo of Matthijs
    Matthijs
    Participant

Pit stop will involve a change of car: when the battery runs out, the driver will make a pit stop, then will run 100 metres to climb into a recharged car

@meander Please tell me that you are joking…

Profile photo of Lucas Wilson
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

@matthijis

No joke my friend :-(

Profile photo of himmatsj
    himmatsj
    Participant

Why so many dubious gimmicks? Vote to pass….run to change cars…eh it seems like a reality TV show for dumbed down mass audiences.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.