Formula E

Formula E reveal New York City track

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Formula E is set to beat Formula 1 to gaining an event in a major location, and this time it’s one of the places Bernie Ecclestone covets most: New York City. Here’s how the track will look:

Formula E Brooklyn Circuit

The course measures just under two kilometres at 1.947km (1.21 miles). It is scheduled to host the 2016-17 season finale on July 29th-30th.

PhilEReid
    Participant

Create a G-Map of the circuit (it’s pretty close but not perfect), in case any one wanted to have a look. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6958104

PhilEReid
    Participant

Also, I must say I quite like this circuit. It has no silly chicanes and some flowing corners too. Looking forward to this one quite a bit. Plus, the scenery should be amazing.

@PhilEReid The mistake I keep making with these Formula E tracks is looking at the plans and thinking ‘oh yeah, that looks alright’ and forgetting that because they’re half the size of F1 circuits that means they’re actually much tighter and slower than I expect.

But yes, at least they don’t appear to have designed in any chicanes which is always good. Turns four and 11/12 look promising.

zomtec
    Participant

And even if you look at a F1 street circuit first time you forget that by placing the curbs on the wrong places e.g. in Baku at turn 37 (penultimate real turn).

Chris Barksdale
    Participant

Any NYC residents here? The tickets are on sale now, with a discount through the month of February. I won’t make it to a real Grand Prix, so I’ll might take my boys to this…

It looks like the track has been changed a bit since September, and is possibly still being adjusted.

This image is from the FE website:
    FIA Formula E NYC Track Map

And this is from Ticketmaster:
    Ticketmaster Formula E NYC Track Map

We might get some pointless chicanes after all!

Also note only one grandstand, near the start/finish line and the hairpin, facing away from the water, with no view of the pits, and a long walk to the eVillage event building…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.