Formula E

Formula E reveals its shortened Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez layout

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Formula E will use a shortened version of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. It includes both ends of the one mile oval including the Peraltada, albeit interrupted by chicanes, and an extended section in the Foro Sol stadium:

Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City, Formula E version.
    Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City, Formula E version.

Providing it is approved by the FIA World Motor Sport Council next month, the track will host round five of the 2015-16 Formula E championship on March 12th.

PhilEReid
    Participant

I like this a lot.

Browny
    Participant

Looks like a great layout, certainly one of the faster more flowing Formula E circuits. The crowd noise through the stadium section will be incredible given the quieter engines.

PhilEReid
    Participant

I think that run from the final corner to T1 is one of, if not the, longest straight. It’s also preceded by what I’d hope to be quite a fast chicane, and it looks to be quite a heavy braking zone. So, all in all could be good for overtaking. Running the oval sections and the stadium section should be a lot of fun!

Matthijs
    Participant

Brilliant

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Nice, looks to me like the Formula E version of the old Hockenheim..

Joey-Poey
    Participant

I guess I’m the only one that finds it uninspiring? I’m just tiring of every FE track being a series of chicanes instead of proper race tracks. I love the series, just wish the track designers would give us something a little more interesting.

Atticus
    Participant

In all honesty, F1 could use this to the end of its lap.

It’s the best of both worlds: it retains that stadium section that all are so upbeat about but still manages to incorporate the Peraltada. And at very low entry and mid-corner speeds at that – exit speeds were high as they are in 2015 anyway.

(I would get rid of that mid-Peraltada chicane, obviously.)

Strontium
    Participant

It looks very smart indeed!! I like it!

Is this the first race which will take place on a permanent facility (even if the track layout is temporary)?

@atticus-2
    In all honesty I think entering and exiting the stadium in the same place would be too tight for Formula One, and probably ruin the entire flow as I imagine those corners are too tight for Formula One as well.

Atticus
    Participant

@strontium Yes, that stadium entering-exiting section proximity was a concern for me as well after I wrote my previous post here. Especially considering just how unexpectedly high the entry speeds were this year into T12.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.