Formula E

Formula E Round 4: Buenos Aires ePrix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    hunocsi
    Participant

The qualifying is coming up in an hour, Sebastien Buemi lead both free practices. I think this looks amazing for a street circuit, probably one of the fastest as well all season, I’m hoping for a great race.

Here is a direct link to the official stream for anyone without television coverage, or there is an official app for Android and iOS which also works pretty well. Live timing can be found here.

We’ll have the first F1 Fanatic Live of the year for the race! See you at 7pm UK time.

hunocsi
    Participant

So Buemi carried on with his momentum and got pole and he seems to have a good chance to win, but the next five or six drivers behind him aren’t too shabby either, should be exciting.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Was genuinely surprised by Heidfeld’s pace in qualifying. The Venturis looked nowhere in practice. This track looks to be very, very tricky, especially that Turn 4 which caught out the Trullis. With qualifying so close, it’s set up to be a pretty exciting race.

PhilEReid
    Participant

I just watched the onboard with Daniel Abt on YouTube. The track looks awesome. It looks tight in some areas, it’s got a great scenery and then the fast end to the lap (or start of the lap if you count the finish line as the start as well) is incredible. Looking forward to it a lot, hoping to see some close racing.

Alfie
    Participant

So er… what on Earth happened with the safety car there? The endless suspension failures and crashes I could keep up with but that seemed like a mighty balls-up.

Red
    Participant

Oh I have a question why was Nick given a penalty so late on during that race? Doesn’t quite make sense to me unless I missed something?

hunocsi
    Participant

Woah, that was a bit exhausting to follow! Just as enjoyable as chaotic and unpredictable. I’m happy for da Costa, but the rest of the teams and drivers have to be more careful in the pits and SC periods because they make a lot of mistakes there.

hunocsi
    Participant

@redmist He was speeding in the pitlane according to the commentators.

Red
    Participant

Yeah I heard that but I don’t understand why they give out the the penalties so late thus screwing the drivers. Honestly believe that Quick Nick was screwed there.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@redmist – Probably because they were just as dumbstruck as the rest of us as to what was happening! :P

PhilEReid
    Participant

Well, that was a whole lot of fun and confusion. Shame the SC was a bit of a mess, but it’s to be expected sometimes.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when we’ll find the track layouts for either of the last three races? Or whether they already exist. I’d love to see what they’ve come up with for Berlin and London. Also will be interesting to see how much of Monaco they do. Full circuit you’d think, right?

Craig Woollard
    Participant
    PhilEReid
    Participant

@craig-o Ah, many thanks. That’ll be interesting still. Do you think that hairpin is as tight or tighter than the hotel chicane?

hunocsi
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.