Formula E

In-race voting for FanBoost in season two

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PhilEReid
    Participant

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/september/in-race-voting-for-fanboost-in-season-two.aspx

This suggests that only the second car gets fan-boost, which seems like a positive. I have to admit I was wondering how long it would take for mid race fanboost voting to become a thing. Turns out it wasn’t too long. That almost certainly means we’ll be getting prompted by commentators to ‘vote for your favourite driver.’

PorscheF1
    Participant

Can’t they just delete this stupid gimmick which is nothing more than a way to entertain people on Twitter and make it like the drivers can use it like KERS pre-2014…

PhilEReid
    Participant

Very much agreed. I have never liked it.

A horrible idea to begin with and they’ve now made it even worse.

It’s especially cynical of them to keep pushing this as an example of them being responsive to fans’ wishes when they have never asked fans if they want it or even given them the option of voting for ‘no driver’. The strong negative reaction I’ve seen against Fanboost says to me they’d be better off getting rid of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To be fair, if there was a ‘no driver’ option, it’d end up being no different to abstaining

@raceprouk My point was that they could have a ‘no driver’ option and if that got more votes than any of the drivers, then no one would be able to use Fanboost. But they absolutely will not countenance the idea that people don’t like the plan to begin with.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I figured that was your point ;)

PorscheF1
    Participant

@keithcollantine Are we sure Fanboost is not what ‘the fans’ want? It’s most likley not what many F1Fanatics want but aren’t they trying to find a new crowd for this ‘new’ sport. Remains a stupid and unfair idea but maybe it does work in drawing in young new kids who find it amusing they can vote for something before the race.

Kind of like the new F1 ‘favourite race’ videos you get ahead of every weekend. I never voted, I never saw a vote before, I honestly believe the stats they give us are just made up on the spot but I do enjoy the videos.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.