Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Formula Renault 3.5

Public Group active 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Group for discussing prominent F1 feeder series Formula Renault 3.5 (aka World Series by Renault).

2013 Formula Renault 3.5 drivers and teams

This topic contains 86 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    bag0
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys

The head of Renault’s operations in Hungary is reportedly making a statement about the FR3.5 Series today. Speculation suggests it will be an annoucement about Tamas Pal Kiss’s future in the category.

Do you have any news on that? I havent heard anything here in Hungary and did not find anything with my rusty googling skills :)

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Nico Müller will continue with Draco Racing this year

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Aleshin gets another season – and with the reigning champions, no less!

https://twitter.com/mikhailaleshin/status/301304996799057921

That’ll be his seventh year in the category…

AdrianMorse
    Participant

Strange that Aleshin can win the championship in 2010, but manage only a single podium in 2012. It makes me wonder how much of it is down to the car, even in single-spec series.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

The team, rather than the car, is important. Aleshin joined RFR last year who were a new outfit.

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Lotus will run Marco Sorensen & Marlon Stockinger this year

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105580

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Lotus has a total of seven young drivers in its development roster for 2013. FR2.0 racers Oscar Tunjo and Esteban Ocon will remain in the series where they will be partnered by Anglo-Thai Red Bull dropout Alexander Albon. Additionally, the team will continue to support French karter Dorian Boccolacci The Greco-Swiss driver Alex Fontana (racing for Jenzer in the 2013 GP3 Series) replaces the injured Richie Stanaway while Stockinger replaces GP3-bound Kevin Korjus. The recovering Stanaway is reportedly eyeing a seat in European F3, although GP3 and FR3.5 are surely options for him as well. Meanwhile, reigning WSR champ Robin Frijns has expressed interest in competing in GP2 with iSport. With Facu Regalia heading off to GP3, Frijns is closer to securing a deal with the British team.

andae23
    Participant

Yesterday was the ‘official launch’ of the WS by Renault season. Not really anything spectacular, they did show this nice and sleek clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7jOBx7RVnY8

I especially like the Star Wars floating paragraphs at 2:42 ;)

wsrgo
    Participant

Collective pre-season testing @ Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France: Day 1 of testing here is underway. At the moment(2.5 hours into the session), Magnussen is ahead of Felix da Costa and Vandoorne.

wsrgo
    Participant

I had a question. If Vandoorne does well this season, how much of the credit should go to McLaren? Would the short tenure of him being in their YDP be enough to be considered as a success of McLaren YDP’s work, or Vandoorne’s doing solely?

wsrgo
    Participant

Swiss driver Christopher Zanella will race for ISR, partnering Sergey Sirotkin, in 2013. Here’s a link.
    That leaves only the two Zeta Corse seats. At today’s test at Barcelona, Mihai Marinescu and Dino Zamparelli are testing for them.

Chris
    Participant

So who will this years Formula renault 3.5 series?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The grid is now complete, with Mihai Marinescu and Emmanuel Piget taking the last two seats at Zeta Corse.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

The otherwise anonymous Piget has only been confirmed for Monza, however. How many teammates will Marinescu have this season? It looks as if Zeta might do what Pons did in 2011 and field multiple drivers (7, I believe) who otherwise can’t muster a budget for a full season.

wsrgo
    Participant

@portugoose 8 I think: Storey, Vernay, Salaquarda, Tambay, Herck, Martinez, Yelloly shared one seat, while Webb had the other full-time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.