Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Formula Renault 3.5

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

Group for discussing prominent F1 feeder series Formula Renault 3.5 (aka World Series by Renault).

2013 Formula Renault 3.5 drivers and teams

This topic contains 86 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    wsrgo
    Participant

@matt90 I know. But @prisoner-monkeys said that F1 cars won’t be slower next year. I’m only refuting that.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

What have you to say to this?

Scaremongering. Bernie has been a critic of the new engine formula ever since the FIA announced it. He’s been bad-mouthing the new regulations at every opportunity.

wsrgo
    Participant

Matheo Tuscher gets picked by Zeta Corse for the next round…best racing news of the year among feeder series!!! Thanks a lot,Zeta!!!!

wsrgo
    Participant

Kevin Magnussen of DAMS takes pole at Motorland Aragon ahead of Sergey Sirotkin(ISR), Antonio Felix da Costa(Arden Caterham), Christopher Zanella(ISR), Marco Sorensen(Lotus), Arthur Pic(AV), Norman Nato(DAMS), Nico Muller(Draco), Stoffel Vandoorne(Fortec), Oliver Webb(Fortec).

wsrgo
    Participant

BREAKING NEWS: Red Bull Junior Carlos Sainz, Jr. will participate in the Monaco round of Formula Renault 3.5 with 2013 newcomers Zeta Corse. It is yet to be announced as to who he is replacing, Matheo Tuscher or Mihai Marinescu.

Fixy
    Participant

According to Wikipedia it will be Tuscher, and it seems more likely as Tuscher himself was a replacement for Piget.

wsrgo
    Participant

@fixy You are right. Tuscher is being replaced for Monaco only. I do expect him to be back for Spa though, because his name is there on the provisional entry list for that round.

wsrgo
    Participant

Another driver line up change for Zeta Corse as GP3 driver Nick Yelloly replaces Mihai Marinescu for Monaco.

wsrgo
    Participant

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

A good line up for Zeta Corse, and I’m sure Sainz Jr brings some Red Bull backing to help pay for the ride. Sainz Jr should aim for points finishes to crack top 12 and Buller looks likely to finish 10th, both from just half a season. Red Bull look likely to put Sainz Jr ahead of Kvyat (like Ricciardo and Vergne), so I expect Sainz Jr in FR 3.5 next year and probably Kvyat as well. Arden Caterham?

wsrgo
    Participant

@fastiesty Dunno, Arden Caterham is supposedly a collaboration between Red Bull and Caterham, where one seat is reserved for each team. Of course, due to the absence of a viable Caterham junior at this level (Matt Parry, Weiron Tan and Aurelien Panis are all still mainly doing regional Formula Renaults), Red Bull might try to extend their influence and field 2 Junior Team members, if Pietro Fantin doesn’t retain the drive that is.
    They might also field the two drivers in two different teams. Carlin(Sebastian Vettel, Mikhail Aleshin, Jean-Eric Vergne) and Tech1 (Daniel Ricciardo, Brendon Hartley) have both been happy hunting grounds for Red Bull to field their juniors. They might do so here as well. Given that Kvyat is currently racing with Carlin in European F3 as a guest driver (alongside his GP3 commitments), it’s very likely that the British team could field a Red Bull junior in WSR 2014.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Makes sense, Carlin aren’t exactly doing very well this year with Huertas and Jaafar, but if they can retain sponsorship then I would expect them to stay. Jaafar has significant Petronas backing, probably until he has a title shot in year 2 or 3. Fantin I guess is similar, but I can’t see him going much further. Aleshin is still going but with less success now and Melker has done well. Caterham now have Will Stevens as their second young driver, behind Alex Rossi, not sure if he will stay in FR 3.5 or move to GP2. I guess Arden survive on the sponsorship of Red Bull (1) and whoever will pay for the other seat (2).

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.