Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Formula Renault 3.5

Public Group active 4 days, 7 hours ago

Group for discussing prominent F1 feeder series Formula Renault 3.5 (aka World Series by Renault).

2014 World Series by Renault season

This topic contains 40 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    wsrgo
    Participant

Lotus Junior Alex Albon of Thailand topped the morning session for KTR, while Frenchman Andrea Pizzitola was fastest in the afternoon session for Manor MP, on the second day of the FR2.0 pre-season tests at Motorland.

The three-day FR3.5 test at Motorland commenced today. Notable participants:

Roberto Merhi with Zeta Corse.

Nigel Melker with Zeta Corse and Tech1.

Tom Dillmann with Pons.

Beitske Visser with AVF.

And all the other confirmed drivers…

Oh, also:

Daniil Move with Pons (Yawn)

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

I think this is a great idea:

wsrgo
    Participant

Marco looks like he’s doodling, and Nigel seems to be racking his brains ;D

Nick
    Participant

Beitske Visser has signed with AV Formula for 2014.

<p>News – @AVformula signs @beitskevisser, who is now set to be our first lady racing in #FR35 since @PippaMann in 2008! #WSR</p>— WorldSeriesbyRenault (@WSR_Live) 26 maart 2014

<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

To be completely honest, I would have preferred her to do a season of FR 2.0, where she was in the top 10 for a lot of sessions in testing. In FR 3.5, not so much.. Wish her all the best though.

wsrgo
    Participant

<p>AVF is glad to announce that @beitskevisser will join the team for the 2014 World Series by Renault… http://t.co/qJF8PrLT3m</p>— AV formula (@AVformula) March 26, 2014

<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

wsrgo
    Participant

Something’s not right…I remember posting this comment yesterday..

Nick
    Participant

As did I. Then again, a comment of mine in the helmet thread also appeared 2 days after I tried to post it..

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Indeed, she had been front running in FR 2.0… doing well in the ultra-competitive Eurocup would boost her reputation among the fans. But, maybe they just want to grasp a chance of moving up to FR 3.5.. they don’t have Red Bull backing any more – so need to take everything they have got. Max Verstappen tested well in the FR 2.0, but opted for two years in F3 instead, so there could be a similar aim here.

wsrgo
    Participant

@fastiesty Yes, but I hope Beitske’s backers are sensible and realise that it’ll be nigh impossible for her to be competitive, top 15 would be a great result. I hope they’ve prepared accordingly.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Pons have rehired Oliver Webb who previously drove for them three years ago. Here’s the current line-up – some very late deals going on!

1. Carlos Sainz Jnr – DAMS
    2. Norman Nato – DAMS
    3. Sergey Sirotkin – Fortec
    4. Oliver Rowland – Fortec
    5. Pietro Fantin – Draco
    6. Luca Ghiotto – Draco
    7. Pierre Gasly – Arden
    8. William Buller – Arden
    9. Marco Sorensen – Tech 1
    10. TBC – Tech 1
    11. Will Stevens – Strakka
    12. Matias Laine – Strakka
    15. Marlon Stockinger – Lotus
    16. Matthieu Vaxiviere – Lotus
    17. Jazeman Jaafar – ISR
    18. TBC – ISR
    19. Beitske Visser – AVF
    20. Zoel Amberg – AVF
    21. Roman Mavlanov – Zeta Corse
    22. Roberto Mehri – Zeta Corse
    25. Oliver Webb – Pons
    26. Meindert van Buuren – Pons
    27. Nikolay Martsenko – Comtec
    28. TBC – Comtec

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I’m surprised the deals are being done so late.. have costs gone up in FR3.5? Or is it just that people are scrambling to put money together? And that most with a good backing are already in GP2..

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.