Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Formula Three

Public Group active 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Group for discussing all kinds of Formula Three racing including the F3 Euroseries, British F3, the Macau Grand Prix and more.

Commentating live on Euro F3 Open and GT Open this weekend

This topic contains 35 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mads Mads 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of f1alex
    f1alex
    Participant

Good luck @keithcollantine, I’ll make sure I tune in! Shame I’ll be karting on Sunday, I’ll definitely watch the Saturday races though. :)

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Spent this afternoon having a look around the paddock and getting acquainted with the commentary booth and set-up.

I’m trying to concentrate on learning as much as possible about the cars and drivers, including how to tell them apart, which is not as easy as it is in Formula 1!

Looks like we could be in for an entertaining start to the weekend, though – there’s rain forecast for tomorrow’s races…

Profile photo of ECWDanSelby
    ECWDanSelby
    Participant

I’d just like to mention that this is on Motors TV, too….

Best of luck, Keith – you’ll be great!

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@ecwdanselby I don’t believe it’s our commentary on the Motors TV broadcast.

Profile photo of Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Participant

@keithcollantine How did it go today? Good luck for tomorrow as well :)

Profile photo of KaIIe
    KaIIe
    Participant

Plenty of technical problems with the stream (the races were on MotorsTV as well, so that helped at times), but otherwise really enjoyed the commentary. You definitely sounded like you’ve been doing this for a long time, Keith!

Profile photo of f1alex
    f1alex
    Participant

Yeah, the stream was high quality when it actually worked, just a shame it didn’t work very often! But the commentary team was great, as said above you definitely sound like you’ve had a lot of experience at this commentary lark, even though it was only your first time.

Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

That was very good indeed!

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks very much for the positive feedback guys. Working with Ben is great fun, he’s done a lot of commentary and is very knowledgeable. I made a few blunders here and there, particularly in the first race, but nothing too terrible hopefully.

Sorry about the problems with the feed – hopefully it’ll be working better for tomorrow’s races. As you say, when it does work properly it’s an excellent stream in HD. And the GT race today was excellent – could’ve done with having one more lap, though!

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

@keithcollantine are you commentating on sunday keith?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@sato113 Yep we should be live in just over half an hour here:

http://www.live.gtopen.net/

Race start is 12:15 UK time.

And straight after that we’ll be covering the F3 race which you can watch here:

http://www.live.f3open.net/

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

good luck. i’m watching now!

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

I’m just about to go out but did check in briefly on the stream as I was curious to hear. Sounds really good to me @keithcollantine Nice paced commentary and you sounded like a pro!

Profile photo of Bullfrog
    Bullfrog
    Participant

That was good stuff, much better than the all-too-common combination of shouty bloke & bored driver. I thought you and Ben worked together well – articulate and with lots of enthusiasm. Hopefully you’ve talked your way into some more opportunities to commentate.

Those F3 cars are ugly though! I hope the F1s with turbos and lower noses don’t end up looking like that.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks very much guys – had a ton of fun doing it. Today was rather easier than yesterday, still a few mistakes but not as many as yesterday and I felt able to talk for longer periods without running out of things to say, particularly when we got to the F3 race.

I have to say, though, I think Ben does a superb job. Obviously he’s a mate so I would say that but once you give getting behind the microphone a try you realise what kind of effort and preparation goes into it and Ben does it superbly well. He does a lot of circuit commentary, often single-handedly, which can involve talking by himself for hour after hour, and you can’t do that well unless you take it seriously and prepare a lot for it, which he does.

I’ve just watched a little of the second GT race back and I must admit I expected to be a little embarrassed about my efforts but actually it was not too bad. I hope I get to do some more in future – certainly if I do I’ve got a much better idea what kind of preparation I need to do in advance in order to do it well.

Thanks to everyone for the support this weekend, I’ve heard from many readers over the last say or two. I hope you enjoyed what you saw – I thought we did rather well in terms of the quality of the races, really only the first F3 was a bit on the quiet side.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.