Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne

Public Group active 1 week ago

Group for fans going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne.

Going to the 2014 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park

This topic contains 25 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SouthAussie94 SouthAussie94 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jude
    Jude
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m visiting Melbourne from London and I’ve decided to attend the Friday – Sunday days although I have the 4 day pass, so I’m open to going tomorrow as well.

I’m a keen female fan who would welcome other people to link up with who have access to the Grandstand “Prost” Gate 10 entry?

Any takers?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

Old mate @commonmonsoon and I will be down there from Friday onwards. We’ve just got GA on the account of us both being students and not having enough money after spending it on other things alcohol.

Happy to meet up with some F1 Fanatics on Saturday afternoon, which seems to be the usual time.
    Feel free to get in contact with us if you’re alone and want to watch racecars with someone else as well!

Weather report is forecasting thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday, bring it on

Profile photo of Jonny
    Jonny
    Participant

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone’s ever bought Premium Zone tickets, and if they were worth the extra $50? I’m taking the old man with me on Saturday and he wanted to spend the day walking around rather than sitting in Webber, so my choices are GA or Premium Zone.

If anyone’s had any experience in there I’d love to hear if it was worth it or not – I’m not sure it is worth it but would welcome any thoughts, positive or negative.

Thanks!

Profile photo of SouthAussie94
    SouthAussie94
    Participant

I spent a good chunk of today at the track wondering around.

One question: Are there any Sauber merchandise stands inside the circuit. I saw heaps of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes, but there didn’t seem to be any stands selling Merchandise for Williams, Force India, Sauber or the new teams.

Just wondering if there actually aren’t any, or if Im just blind and I can’t see them?

Cheers :)

Profile photo of Jonny
    Jonny
    Participant

@SouthAussie94 – I haven’t been down there yet, but if you struggle with merch at the track, there’s the F1 & Special Events shop on Elizabeth Street (http://www.f1specialevents.com/) – It’s not too far from Flinders Street Station, probably the only other place to buy legit team gear in Melbourne.

Hope that helps!

ps: if you find anything for Williams please let me know – I’d be up for a Williams Martini Team Shirt…!

Profile photo of Funkyf1
    Funkyf1
    Participant

@SouthAussie94 I spoke with the Williams crew today, although they have new Martini gear on, the merchandise won’t be available for a month or so they say, can’t remember seeing any Sauber at the track, but I didn’t really look sorry.

Profile photo of Jude
    Jude
    Participant

Sorry folks, my ticket does not specify, can we bring our own drinks/food in the grandstand seats?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Jenkins
    Jenkins
    Participant

I haven’t seen anything written any where that said you weren’t allowed to bring food. There’s no mention of it in the terms of entry. As long as it isn’t alcohol or in a glass bottle you should be able to bring in any drink you like as long as the container is still sealed.
    I’ll be bringing in food for sure. Curry egg sandwiches ftw.

Patrons must not, without the prior written consent of AGPC, have in their possession at the Event, or
    bring into the Event any
    :
    a. alcoholic beverage (unless purchased at the Event);

b.glass bottle or glass container (unless purchased at the Event);

c.beverage container with the manufacturer’s seal broken (unless purchased at the Event);

d. hard cased esky or ice box (polystyrene, eskies and cooler bags acceptable)
    ;
    e. chair, lounge, bench or stool, other than a folding chair or folding stool;
    p. goods or tickets for the purpose of sale or commercial distribution to Patrons;

q.camera lenses with a physical length greater than 400mm or anyother item which mightreasonably obstructs the view of any other Patron;

EDIT: Just realised you specifically said grandstand. I’ll leave it there for anyone else wanting to know.

Profile photo of Jude
    Jude
    Participant

@jenkins: Thank you very much for your response. Go easy on the curried egg sandwiches. :)

Profile photo of Jenkins
    Jenkins
    Participant

Good point. How are the toilets at the track? lol

Profile photo of SouthAussie94
    SouthAussie94
    Participant

I had a look at the F1 shop at Elizabeth street this morning. No Sauber merchandise unfortunately. If anyone sees any around the track or in the city I would be very happy! :)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Going to the 2014 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park’ is closed to new replies.