Going to the Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne

Meet-up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Arkay

Hi all, I will be going to my home grand prix for the first time. I have my tickets, but will probably have to go alone. (F1 isn’t hasn’t really caught on in central QLD yet!) If anyone else wants to participate in a meetup sometime during the weekend, that would be fantastic.

Post with details or suggestions!

-Arkay :)

Stephen Jones
    Participant

we had a meetup last year (and the year before!) on the saturday, i’ll probably try and organize it again!

once we know everyone’s arrangements/timetables we can start to work it out!

there’s a tonne of F1F’s going to the GP anyway.. there’s a high chance that you’ll end up sitting next to one!

Macca
    Participant

I’ll also be going alone so to catch up with fellow F1 junkies will be a treat. What stand will you be sitting in Arkay ?

Jack
    Participant

This is my first gp alone and im comiing from UK to watch it, as im travelling Aus for 6 months, im really up for a meet up (make sense??) Are you all grand stands though, im only doing general admission most people say its better anyway.

Also anyone got any ideas for a local backpackers?

Arkay

I bought 4 day tickets for the Fangio Stand though that’s just an option. What days do you all arrive in Melbourne, as I’m not too keen on walking around alone for the whole weekend!

Arkay

Jack, I have booked a dorm bed at space hotel for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. FYI

Macca
    Participant

@rkay, I arrive in Melbourne on the Tuesday so I can do the pit tour on the Wednesday and then spend Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday in the Jones Stand on the outside of Turn 1.

Arkay

@Macca, Im possibly staying with friends in Bendigo on Wednsday, and will be driving into Melbourne Thursday morning.

Kristian
    Participant

I’m in Melbourne now so will be there all weekend. Is the pit tour on Wednesday then? Damn I might miss it if I’m working…

shoemaker

How do you get tickets for the pit tour??

Mark Kearon
    Participant

I’ll be arriving into Melbourne on the Saturday morning, flying in from Cairns QLD! I’m staying at Urban Central Accomadation Cheap Backpackers place near Town theres a Tram link outside apparently so booked that for Two Nights as my flight leaves early Monday morning, It be great to meet up! I’m a McLaren nut so would be nice to meet some people have have GA Tickets like me who’ll wanna vary around the circuit during the race! Add me on Facebook if you like, – Marky264

Arkay

Added you Mark. We’ll have to organise some sort of Rendezvous point for everyone to gather.

dufftownallan
    Participant

hello everyone!

I too am going it alone, its my first ever gp and I have four day tickets for the prost stand. I didn’t realise there was a pit tour on the Wednesday, will be going to that if I can.

so, like everyone else I wouldn’t mind meeting up with some people with a similar passion for the sport! what about designating a particular turn on the race track and a specific time for meeting up? the only trouble is finding a way for us all to denote who we are!

Macca
    Participant

Sorry, the pit lane tour is on the Thursday morning.

Mike
    Participant

I’m 80% sure I’ll be going, more than interested in meeting up.

Going with some mates so, I think, slightly unfortunately we’ll be going for GA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.