Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Camping 2018

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mary McDowell
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum, so apologies if this question has been asked before. Having just got back from Silverstone, we’ve decided that next year we are going to give Spa a go. I would be interested to know what is the best campsite? I would like something similar to Woodlands I.e. evening entertainment. I have seen F1 Camping, but the reviews don’t look to good. Your recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Paul
    Participant

Try Camping Eau Rouge at Stavelot. Going for my 4th year next month. It’s a proper site with pool and good showers etc. There is a chips and burgers kitchen or do it yourself. The bar is busy with regulars and has a great atmosphere but goes quiet at a sensible time. There is a minibus connection to the circuit about 3 km away but walkable if you leave the circuit late. We’ve always been in the overflow field which isn’t as well groomed but heh, were not there for that. You need to book for 4 night Thursday to Sunday.

We think it’s great.

poletopole
    Participant

Not sure there is anything exactly like Woodlands at Spa.
    The Elephant site always gets a mention when this topic comes up. It is about a 10 minute walk from the track. No entertainment but has atmosphere. Most important you do get some sleep. Not sure if you have camped at F1 before in Europe but many sites are mayhem and make Woodlands seem tame.
    If you love to party hard then just book one of the sites off the official ticket site; then spend 24/7 partying with the craziest Europe has to offer but be warned it is 24 hour wall of noise.
    If you like a ‘Woodlands’ level of madness stick with The Elephant or Eau Rouge as per previous reply.
    F1 Camping are ok and do have entertainment, I had a good time when I stayed with them but get why the feedback is mixed at best.
    Elephant Campsite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.