Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner

Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Public Group active 10 hours, 12 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

Going to the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

This topic contains 238 replies, has 105 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Nick Nick 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    accyroy
    Participant

Hi everyone, just organised a last minute trip to Spa, thanks to all the posters on here we booked into The Elephant! On our way now should be there tomorrow! Can’t wait and hope to meet some of the f1 fanatics!

Rich

Hello people,

I’m new to this site and I have been nosing through it over the past few days (I’m going to Spa!!). Got a lot of great information from people who have gone to Spa over the past few years, so thank you very much for that. I am going with 5 other F1 nutters and none of us have been to Spa before!! We are leaving tomorrow night and staying until Sunday night in a campsite somewhere near the track (but one I cannot remember the name of!!).

My name is Richard Brearley (feel free to add me on Facebook), it will be nice to meet some F1 Fanatics whilst over there!

Have a good time guys and girls :)

Rich

I have just been informed that it is the Elephant Campsite that we are staying at, which seems quite popular by the looks of it :D

cmjja
    Participant

Hi folks, any advice would be great, we are going to Spa, staying in Liege.
    Does anyone know of the transport options from there? we haven’t pre-booked any transport yet. is there a direct bus we could get?

Thanks in advance

Matt Clark
    Participant

Woot 1 more day !! Cya there Thursday Elephant campers ;D Go Webber !!

Samuel Ernebro
    Participant

@cmjja:
    We are also staying in Liege. I have checked up on the issue with the transport to the track and it seems that there are trains departing one time every hour starting from 8.05 in the morning. It goes from Liege-Guillemins to Verviers-Central. From there you have to walk about 7 minutes to the bus station in Verviers, called Verviers Gare Centrale. Then you wait for about 10 minutes and take either the 395 or the 294 bus (the same route) to Francorchamps Route de Spa. From there you can probably walk to the track. The whole trip is supposed to take about 1 hour and 10 minutes, maybe more on F1 weekends.
    I have heard rumors about special buses during F1 weekends but I am not sure if they are true, and I know nothing about it…

Can’t wait! See you there!

Rich

Has anyone on the elephant site got a powered pitch? If so, for a couple of beers, would they mind me charging my camera battery there nightly? Thanks :D

accyroy
    Participant

@rich we are supposed to have power and will gladly charge your camera up. Sat at Dover now waiting for the ferry! Can’t wait… Vroooom!

John S
    Participant

@rich We’ve also got power and are happy to help out. Look for 3 disreputable looking middle aged blokes in a black RX-8. On site from Thursday lunchtime-ish

Rich

Thanks accroy and John D, that’s very kind of you both. We are leaving late tonight, to get there in the morning. Today just won’t go fast enough!!

cmjja
    Participant

@Samuel Ernebro

Thanks, that’s really helpful…I am so excited!!!!!

Girts
    Participant

My trip has finally begun! I’m at the Riga airport, and the boarding is now taking place. Next stop – Dusseldorf.

anonymouscoward
    Participant

excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited!
    leaving first thing in the morning but am starting to regret booking the pregnant wife and I into the green camping zone having read so many stories since booking.
    worried! worried! worried! worried! worried! worried!

can anyone offer any reassurance of the green camping ?

Hi All,
    We are leaving early tomorrow to start our trip !!! When the race finishes can you go on the track to watch the presentation on the podium ?
    Many Thanks

Dimitris 1395
    Participant

In 2 hours I’m leaving for Brussels! I am so eager to be at the grand prix this year! Hopefully I can join site’s live practice sessions.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 239 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.