Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner

Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Public Group active 2 hours, 25 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

Going to the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

This topic contains 238 replies, has 105 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nick Nick 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nicola
    nicola

Hi, I’ve booked Spa tickets for my boyfriend as a surprise. I’ve got tickets for the whole 3 days (Friday to Sunday), but I need some tips on timings of practice, qualifying and race day so I can work out what time I need to book the Eurotunnel for to get there and back on the Friday and Sunday. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Lolz0
    Lolz0
    Participant

Hi I’ve booked tickets on the http://www.formula1.com website. They have e-mailed me a voucher to print off and take to the circuit where I have to redeem them for tickets. Has anyone else done this? I am worried there will be big queues or it will be hard to find the place to exchange the vouchers.
    Thanks
    Laura

Profile photo of toni
    toni
    Participant

Nicola
    Ideally you get down there for thursday afternoon there is a pit lane walk about and you get to meet loads of drivers. advertsied as starting 1600 but we quueued from 1400 and did get in a bit early in 2011

friday i think there out about 10am and 2pm
    same for saturday and then sunday its all over by about 4pm but you can then walk the track which is great and sit on eau rouge

I personally recommend staying wednesday to monday then you get the full atmosphere and pleasures of spa without rushing

Calais ferry port to spa circuit 3.5 hours by the way driving as UK speeds not belgian speeds which are faster
    Toni

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

@lolz0 Me and @MattHT did that in 2010 at Silverstone and our friend did it at Monza last year. It was really easy and virtually no queue, especially on the Friday.

The place should be pretty easy to find, everything will be well sign posted and you can always check a map online.

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

Spa is my race of choice this year and I should be going with a couple of mates. We will be camping, which I’m sure will be lovely with the typically wet Belgian weather in August/September!

We’re either driving or going on the Eurostar so it should be our least expensive trip yet, hopefully.

We’re going to go GA, as previous.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon

Hi i no im repeating what a lot of people have asked already but I would like to find out more. Ive been to silverstone many of times but this year me and 3 mates are going to spa. Were driving down from north London on the thursday early morning because i would like to get there for the pit walk which ive heard about, We havent booked camping yet but we were looking at booking it through http://www.campingf1.com. Wondering if anyone has booked through them before etc and no anymore about them. Also we have only got general addmission ( because were not the richest people in the world so if anyone knows of the best places to stand etc or go please feel free to email me ( sy_jukes@hotmail.com) would be much appreciated.

Profile photo of Cagla Su Tek
    Cagla Su Tek
    Participant

I want to go spa this year. If i book a hotel, i will buy my ticket. But it’s my first time and i dont know much Belgium and hotels. I’m looking booking.com but i havent decided actually i wasnt able to decided. Do you have any suggestion please? I’m from Turkey btw. unfortunately we dont have a GP anymore. If i cant cope with it, i’ll give up and maybe another GP is more easy for me ha? What do you think?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Could anyone shed any light on places to lock up a bike? I may come to Spa for the GP as part of a tour of Europe I want to do by bicycle. But if there is no place to safely store a bike it may be a bit difficult.

Any thoughts would be most appriciated :)

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

Going to Bellgium again this year. Always try and do it on the cheap. General admission ticket from spagrandprix (sit on the hill at Pouhon – bit of a walk but worth it), Eurostar to Brussells (£69ish return from London, 1hr 15 from track), crappy hire car, arm with cheap beer and supplies in Verivier, campsite at Francorchamps where there’s bars, parties, fireworks etc till about 4am (about £140 for a group of four). Looking forward to it already. If you’re going to drive back to Brussels midi station get a sat nav or leave way early – the road system in central brussels is probably the most complicated in Europe. Also if your planning drinking in the circuit, they let you take your own supplies in, unlike a lot of other circuits. The burgers and sausages are revolting, but the chips are great and the waffle places are like a european convention for wasps. Hope this helps anyone going for the first time.

Profile photo of Wayne
    Wayne

Hi

Never been to a GP before, looking to make this our first this year! Plan so far is driving our camper from North Wales, euro tunnel(about £70) weds morning the 29th, eurotunnel back on Monday 3rd.

Not seen much on here about where to take a camper,any tips?

Looking at the spagrandprix.com website,are the bronze tickets general access tickets?

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

Bronze tickets get you in to the circuit and you can watch from anywhere that isnt a numbered seat, but you’ll need to get into the circuit first thing on race day for a decent spot. All the campsites are usually rammed with campervans

Profile photo of Wayne
    Wayne

Tim

thanks for the info, which campsite at franchorchamps did you use?,is that the elephant one?

Cheers

Profile photo of toni
    toni
    Participant

nick.uk there are plenty of posts , fences etc to chain your bike to we took ours last year to and from campsite to avoid traffic very easy and there were loads of others on bikes to

Wayne we stayed at camping d’eau rouge free shuttle to and from circuit they ran for the 1st time last year and very cheap, clean toilets and showers and eelctric hook up if needed

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

Wayne, we stay at a campsite in Francorchamps – entrance opposite the racing hotel I think. no booking required. Its pretty basic but the shower and toilet facilities are excellent. There’s the racing hotel which is open til late and other tented bars all within 100 yards. Its about a 5 minute walk from the circuit entrance for the hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. It does get very loud, particularly on a saturday night and until late.

Profile photo of JT19
    JT19

Hey guys. I am in real need of help here and would love to get some advice.

This will be the first time I am attending a Grand Prix. Choosing Belgium was probably not wise but hey, it’s the best circuit on the calendar! I would like to get there on the Thursday night, attend both Friday practices, Qualifying and the Sunday Race and go home on the Monday morning. Now I don’t know where to sit yet, but I would love to sit on the hill along the Kemmel Straight, but on every website I go on, it does not say ticket prices for there. How come? We always see people sitting there, is it a Bronze section?

Also, I would love to know what would be the cheapest way to travel there and also the cheapest Hotel as I will be staying there for 4 nights. Now the figures I am getting are between £900-£1,100 but I would like to know if anyone got to see this spectacular race for less money for that.

For those who want to know, I live in Liverpool, UK.

Cheers. JT :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 239 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.