Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner

Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Public Group active 4 hours, 21 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

Going to the 2013 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

This topic contains 136 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Jane Smith Jane Smith 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    anonymouscoward
    Participant

Going for second year in a row, this time with the boys so will be interestingly different :)

anonymouscoward
    Participant

Incidentally did anyone on here help someone get their Audi out of the car park?

Raul Boesel
    Participant

Has anyone stayed in Durbuy, Belgium? There are two of us and we are going to drive to Paris the monday after the race and want to get a head start. I have looked at at least 50 different websites looking for hostels, B&Bs etc. and this location wasnt bad for the price. Thanks in advance.

Abbie Smith
    Participant

Staying with a group of friends south of the circuit (self-catering), and it’s walkable to Rivage corner. Does anyone know if we can enter the circuit from there, or will we have to access the circuit from the main entrance? Any info appreciated – would be great to walk in from where we’re staying! Google shows a campsite at Rivage – surely there’s an entrance there?

PhilF1

Going to the Belgian GP. Stopping in Spa. Anyone have any experience of travelling from Spa the town, to the track for Qualifying / The Race ? Buses / Taxi’s etc ???

Colin
    Participant

Does a 3 Day Ticket for Spa allow you to sit in any Grandstand /anywhere on Friday and Saturday or do you have to sit in your designated Seat ?

Thanks if anyone can confirm this.

Jane Smith
    Participant

Have done pit straights (and more recently several GA, including this year). I remember wanting to meet up with someone in a Silver stand when I was there and wasn’t allowed, despite having Gold pit straights ticket… pretty sure you have to sit in your seat. I love to do GA at Spa though, and sat in pit straights three years ago, so not sure if anything has changed…

Hi all

I have 1 x Bronze General Admission 3 day ticket for sale for the 2013 Belgian GP (23-25 August).

I am looking for a quick sale, and so would like £40 for the ticket. I have it already here, delivered a few weeks ago.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Victoria

Ellie
    Participant

Hi guys,
    This is my second GP, we are in Gold 1 for the 3 days, I was wondering what do we do for parking? We have a hire car and I think we need to park in the ‘yellow car park’ no idea what this means but do we have to buy a ticket before going to Belgium and if so, where do we buy this ticket?

Cannot wait! Only over 3 weeks to go!

Thanks

Tim Bosseloo
    Participant

Hi, anybody who knows if you are allowed to take your bicycle (bronze ticket)?

Tony Hoyle

Hello F1 Fanatic, This is my first post and I would like to say hello to everyone!!

We have a road trip planned for the Spa GP 2013. Five of us are travelling from the Midlands via Euro Tunnel. We have booked GA tickets for the weekend and camping in the Green Campsite near the track. I have read a few topics regarding the Green Campsite but it’s booked now and we will see what happens.

It is our first visit to Spa, so I have a few questions.

1. Green Campsite, is it really as bad as people say?
    2. Does the campsite have entertainment and a bar or do we just find the Dutch and Danish for our partying?
    3. Does anyone go out of circuit in the evenings? If so, where is the best place to go?
    4. Is there anywhere to buy ice to keep the tins cold?
    5. Toilets……will bring my own!! Is there anywhere to empty it?

Any other advice would be great.

Kind Regards,

Tony

Jane Smith
    Participant

@Tim Bosseloo You can bike in and chain your bike up against the fenced of disabled parking area. I am sure there are other areas. You cannot take your bike into the circuit though…in fact, you wouldn’t want to! ;)

Jane Smith
    Participant

@Ellie, you should have booked your parking with your ticket. Not sure how it works now with just turning up to park TBH. That is how it used to be…. I am parking away from the circuit and cycling.

anonymouscoward
    Participant

@tmh2013 tony Hoyle

1. Green Campsite, is it really as bad as people say? It’s fine, toilets get a bit full. Took my pregnant wife last year and she is proper clean freak OCD. It is noisy until 6am, take ear plugs if you want to sleep earlier than that, you will be fine.
    2. Does the campsite have entertainment and a bar or do we just find the Dutch and Danish for our partying? It has a bar and the Dutch.
    3. Does anyone go out of circuit in the evenings? If so, where is the best place to go? We didn’t but malmedy 5 min drive is nice if you want to.
    4. Is there anywhere to buy ice to keep the tins cold? Malmedy lidl etc
    5. Toilets……will bring my own!! Is there anywhere to empty it?
    Erm ditch or the portaloos….

Hope that helps see you there

Tim Bosseloo
    Participant

Thanks Jane, seems like a good idea!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.