Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Travelling from UK – help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jamie McQueen
    Participant

I have booked tickets for this years Belgian GP for my partner’s 30th birthday. We will be flying in from the UK. I have read online that there is usually a pit walk on the Thursday – is this correct? I also wanted to check whether it would be possible/advisable to fly home from Brussels on the Sunday (flight departing 20:50) or whether this would be too much of a rush? Hoping to book flights/accommodation ASAP so any help would be greatly appreciated!! Many thanks, J

Ben Needham
    Participant

Hi Jamie ( @jmq1 ),

Well done for booking tickets – it’s a great experience!

I went last year and drove there so can’t help with any flight experience, but maybe I can help with your timings. The pit lane is open on Thursday to everyone with 3-day tickets, it was a nice opportunity to familiarise ourselves with the surroundings and we got up close to all the garages, and saw Vettel and Hamilton. I would recommend getting there early as the queue is quite big.

In terms of returning home on Sunday, I’d say the flight departing at 20:50 would give you plenty of time. You should easily have left the circuit by 4pm, so you should be fine.

Jamie McQueen
    Participant

Thank you so much for this – very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.