Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner

Going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

Public Group active 4 hours, 11 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.

Where to sit and where to watch at Spa-Francorchamps?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Graeme Graeme 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ciaran O'Toole
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m going to Spa in 2013 for GA. Could someone tell me when the ideal times to get there are and where it fills up slowest, I was thinking of the last chicane, Kemmel straight or Pouhon. Can someone tell me if thats the right place to be.
    Thanks

Steve

Can anyone who’s sat in the covered gold 3 at the top of Eau Rouge please give their views on the seating we have read a review that there not very good and we could do with some feed back, review below. Thanks in advance.

Spa
    Gold: 3 Eau-Rouge
    By Louise, 14 Oct 2012
    The circuit and facilities were fantastic, however there was a real problem with our seats and I would advise anyone to AVOID Gold 3. The grandstand is not at enough of a gradient and as a result all you are able to see is the entry to Eau Rouge at a distance and nothing else, despite the cars coming up the hill and passing right infront of the grandstand. That Spa are allowed to charge nearly £400 for these seats is shocking. If you are lucky to get a spot you can leave your seat and stand at the fence to watch, the view then is amazing. We climbed under the grandstand at one point to try and get a better view and were moved on by the grandstand marshall, who on discussion said that everyone complains about these seats. This is obviously an ongoing problem and until it is sorted out I would advise anyone to choose another grandstand.

James
    Participant

I sat in Gold 2 which is good for the covering, if it rains, but you don’t see that much you can’t see the 1st corner from 1/2 of the seats so don’t rely on being able to see it as a building gets in your way and the cars going up eau-rouge look tiny so you really just see cars going past you, if i was to go again, i would probably choose somewhere with covering and a big screen like gold 2 has, but I think gold 1 is a better place in terms of corners.

Graeme
    Participant

Pouhon or Kemmel is best for GA. Screens in view. Pouhon has plenty of space but get there early (9am Saturday or 8am Sunday) or you’ll miss out. Great atmosphere there though.
    Kemmell had all the action last year so that’s where I’m going.
    Lat year we needed sun-tan lotion btw, this year will probably get trench-foot!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.