Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Public Group active 16 hours, 38 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

General Admission – first timer queries and vantage point opinion

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of giggsy85 giggsy85 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of giggsy85
    giggsy85
    Participant

Hi all,

Attending my first GP on Sunday in a group of 4. We have GA tickets so no allocated seating.

We are based in Solihull and will probably drive down on the morning in 1 car and we have tickets for the P&R at Hilton Airfield off the M40.

I have done a bit of research on the forums and it would appear that the best place to try and get position to watch the race from would be near Becketts – any opinions on this?

I have also read lots about making sure we get there early to grab a position. If we were to set off from Solihull to the P&R with a view to getting there for approx 5am and then getting transferred to the circuit then would we potentially still be able to get somewhere at Becketts or would it be a better idea to start out at 2-3am and arrive at the P&R earlier?

Also, when people say that the areas are packed if you get there late does this mean that you cannot even get a view if standing or does it just mean that you are unlikely to be able to get a pitch to put your chairs near the front?

Would people recommend getting in early and setting up a position for the race and then going on a wander around for the rest of the day until near the GP start?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
    Giggsy85

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar