Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

General Admission – first timer queries and vantage point opinion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    giggsy85
    Participant

Hi all,

Attending my first GP on Sunday in a group of 4. We have GA tickets so no allocated seating.

We are based in Solihull and will probably drive down on the morning in 1 car and we have tickets for the P&R at Hilton Airfield off the M40.

I have done a bit of research on the forums and it would appear that the best place to try and get position to watch the race from would be near Becketts – any opinions on this?

I have also read lots about making sure we get there early to grab a position. If we were to set off from Solihull to the P&R with a view to getting there for approx 5am and then getting transferred to the circuit then would we potentially still be able to get somewhere at Becketts or would it be a better idea to start out at 2-3am and arrive at the P&R earlier?

Also, when people say that the areas are packed if you get there late does this mean that you cannot even get a view if standing or does it just mean that you are unlikely to be able to get a pitch to put your chairs near the front?

Would people recommend getting in early and setting up a position for the race and then going on a wander around for the rest of the day until near the GP start?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
    Giggsy85

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.