Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2012 British Grand Prix.

John
    Participant

hi. can anyone tell me how long before the GP does the Woodlands Campsite open? Thanks.

McLarenFanJamm
    Participant

@John according to the silverstone website, the campsite opens 7am on the Wednesday: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/default-camping-info.html

nickynoonoo
    Participant

Last year they were lining up at the gate to get in at around 4am! But that’s because there is very limited electrical hook-up.

I turned up at around 6:30pm on the Wed and ended up being around 10/15 rows back from the main entrance which suited me fine. I would hate to turn up on the Friday, the campsite is so big it would take ages to get anywhere.

OllyF1uk
    Participant

My wife, Daughter and I will be attending the 2012 British GP and staying at woodlands in the family area and wont be arriving until 1pm on the wednesday will this be ok as we do not need electrical hookup.

McFosi
    Participant

They have made a great job of Woodlands now, but it is so busy. Windmill is a nice site if you are looking for something quieter. Silverstone Golf Club is also good.

Hamster79
    Participant

I’m camping at Woodlands but wont be arriving until 12 noon ish on the Thursday, does that mean I’ll end up quite far back? Dont need an electric hook up, but havent camped before, so hoping everything will work out nice and easy!

nickynoonoo
    Participant

People are still turning up at 4am on Saturday morning so dont worry if you are not going to be there until late Wed or Thur. Getting there early just means you will be closer to the entrance for the track, but dont worry if not as there is a small tractor/train that drives round the campsite and takes you to the entrance to the campsite which is only a few monutes walk from the gate at stowe corner.

Hamster79
    Participant

Thats great, thank you!

McFosi
    Participant

Hampster79 – You will be fine mate.

Hamster79
    Participant

Thanks McFosi, I’ve never camped before and havent been to Silverstone either so dont really know what I’m letting myself in for! Have been to Monza so know what to expect racing-wise it’s just the camping part that’s making me nervous! All will be fine I’m sure, roll on July!

John
    Participant

thanks for the responses

Tom_ec1
    Participant

Hi.

Two quick questions, I would be really grateful for a response:

1. Does any one know how long the early bird tickets are available until?

2. Does any one have any more information about the Stagecoach bus service which (according to Silverstone website) runs from Northampton station to the track over the weekend?

Nige.B
    Participant

I cannot believe i will be going to the British GP for the 37th year on the trot! Absolutely love everything about it!

McFosi
    Participant

Nige.B – Oh wow…Good effort mate. I saw my first at Brands Hatch in 1980, 32 years ago, and have done 20 in that time, plus 8 abroad, inc Australia…..I love it too!….But 37 in a row AWSOME..!

Must meet up for your 40th…lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.