Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2013 British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2013 British Grand Prix.

Nige.B
    Participant

Yep, i booked first thing monday morning. Same grandstand as this year, hopefully no rain next year?

Nige.

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

I don’t know…..

I enjoyed it but I like going to overseas Grand Prix and don’t think I’ll be able to afford to do two again – especially as I’ll only sit in a grandstand.

I live so close so it feels criminal NOT to go. I’m currently pencilled in for the NJ Grand Prix instead!

Enjoyed Silverstone though – if i went next year, I’d definitely choose Village over Abbey.

th13teen

Prices have gone up once again for 2013!!! Its now £165 for a General Admission ticket for the weekend!
    http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/2013-Formula-1-Santander-British-Grand-Prix/?tab=Book-now&ticketType=49680

This is silly, especially when I can go to Circuit De Catalunya for half the price! I can actually make a full holiday out in Spain for the money of a Silverstone General Admission and camping!!!

However they have given those choosing grandstands a better choice this year, by giving your specific areas in accordance to price! With a better look at what you are paying for! With the use of Ticket bands and panoramic views of that band!

………£65 for a weeks access to Le Mans…..40 hours of racing….£50 for a weeks camping in the circuit……French food, Wine, Cheese…..Du Pain, Du Vin, Du Boursain……..Much more sensible than Silverstone.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

Frankly the size of the price increases are appalling but I suppose they think they will sell out whatever they charge – and I’m sure they will.

I disagree that you necessarily have a better choice when choosing grandstands.
    Last year you were able to select individual seats – it doesn’t look as if you can do that anymore.
    And at these prices you should be able to!

sbl on tour
    Participant

yep paul, youre 100% on le mans, much better value, the dilema for next year is a european gp or back to le mans, yeah much better than silverstone

Mick
    Participant

I’ve been going to Silverstone of the last 14 years and agree the 30% increase in ticket prices for next year is crazy. I have booked but if this carries on not sure how much longer can go for. Not sure I agree that European races are cheaper though. Was in Spa 2010 and tickets were more expensive, add that to the petrol, camping and ferry costs and more expensive for sure. Same with Monza, was there 2011 and am going this year. The tickets are cheaper but add flights, hotel and food (really expensive to eat out in Italy) and again more expensive that Silverstone.

PaxJes
    Participant

I won;t be going to Silverstone next year. I’ve been there 3 times and i think i’ve seen all there is to see. I’ll only return if somehow i get an hospitality invite with pit and grid walks.

Next year i’m going to the 24 hours of Le Mans. Never been there and it’s one of the most iconic racing events in the world. So, i’ll give it a go.

mark
    Participant

just booked tickets for next year club corner again. It is expensive, I just cant say no though. Booking Barcelona next week to, which is much cheaper tbh.

shelly

I am planning a trip to Silverstone in 2013 with my 10 year old son and was hoping someone can give me an idea on which GS seats I should book so that we both have a good first experience of live GP?

Thanks

Nige.B
    Participant

Hi Shelly, we sat in village A this year and have rebooked the same for 2013, its a great view but it is uncovered.
    Nige.

Mick
    Participant

Shelly, Would definatley recommend either Abbey or Club. I have sat in both and they are good views.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    shelly

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will look in to these :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.