Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Parking for Becketts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chris Curtis
    Participant

Have received tickets for Becketts plus a car park sticker. However I’m wondering if I have messed up.
    Is this is valid for the Whittlebury car park which is much closer?
    If not then the main car parks are some distance away and with a chronic lung condition that may be a problem!
    So is there a shuttle bus service around the circuit?
    Thanks.

Nige.B
    Participant

Hi, Chris. i am pretty certain that the car park near Whittlebury is one of the designated car parks. if you get there early enough you can park very near one of the entrances. i am not sure how you gain access to that part i have only ever gone out that way. You do not access via the golf club though i am pretty sure of that. All the years i have been going i have never seen a shuttle bus. Best thing to do is give Silverstone a ring and explain your situation, they are normally very helpful.

All the best, have a great day/ 3 days

Nige.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

That’s sort of encouraging Nige!
    I’ve given up on one attempt at phoning – that was using the Event Information option. Will have to persevere I suspect.
    The instructions for the car parking just give directions from the A43.
    Does anyone know if the Car park stickers are colour coded – mine is bright red!
    Thanks.

Nige.B
    Participant

Hi Chris, try this number
    01327-857271 all the car parking permits are red as far as i know. i am pretty sure you can access that car park. Failing that the car park at the back of copse is probably you’re best option, i’m not sure how well you know the circuit layout. Have you been before?

Good luck

Nige.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

I got through to reception quite quickly which is the number you quote – the delay started after she redirected me!
    The one at Copse would be OK – that presumably is the one marked top right on my map which I thought might be Whittlebury! It’s a lot nearer than the main ones on the other side.
    Chris

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Chris

To park behind Becketts, which I am guessing is what you are referring to as the Whittlebury Car Park, you have to have a specific car park pass – this car park is only available if you have the Club Silverstone pass or the VIP passes or, I believe, a disabled pass. If you try to access the car park and have the incorrect pass they will turn you away.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

Thanks Caroline. I’m just trying to work out which is the nearest!
    The official info generally is poor.
    If you go to
    http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/2012-Formula-1-Santander-British-Grand-Prix/
    and click on The Circuit there is a map showing 3 car parks. The one on the right is obviously the best but now I’m not sure if this is the one Nige is calling Copse or is the one you have just described!
    Ultimately I’m sure I’ll survive – by the time I get back to the car the queues might have gone :-)

Chris

Nige.B
    Participant

Hi Chris, looks like caroline has some good info, it will have to be copse then, just take your time, at least you havent got to rush to get a space on the banking.

Nige.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

Indeed!
    Do you think the car park nearest Becketts marked on that map I gave the link to is the one you are referring to as Copse?

Chris

Nige.B
    Participant

Yep, just had a look, top right of the map, that is the nearest you will get i suspect. Enjoy the weekend, you will have a good time.

Nige

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Chris

The parking information is not the best and on the Friday last year even the car park stewards appeared somewhat baffled. Having said that, they do a very good job really under very trying circumstances. Bearing in mind your condition, it may be worth having another go at ringing them and seeing if you would be able to park in the disabled area. If you end up parking where everyone who has parking for the circuit is directed to unless they have the VIP passes, it is a considerable walk from there to Becketts. I know, we did it last year in the pouring rain, and it took us a good 20-25 minutes and we are fairly fit.

Chris Curtis
    Participant

Thanks Caroline!
    I appreciate the input.

Chris

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.