Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Will I be able to see the grid from my seat at Silverstone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby
    Participant

Hi,

I’m 40 next year and my wife wanted to buy me F1 tickets for the 2017 Gran Prix and I’ve got in early. I wanted Club Corner Block 1 but they were already sold out. I phoned the ticket hotline and asked if there were any tickets in block 2 that would have good viewing of the grid/start line as well as a bit of the pits. She said there were some still available with views of the pit straight and so I bought some. However, when I asked for confirmation at the end of the call about how much of the straight I’d see she said she didn’t really know but I should get a good view, which just put an element of doubt in my mind.

Anyway, my tickets are Club Corner Block 2 CCN/CC2/O/0463 and CCN/CC2/O/0464. Does anyone happen to know roughly where these tickets are and what I’ll be able to see? I’m hoping to possibly see them coming down from Stowe into Vale and Club and then up the international straight, and if I’m dead lucky even seeing them enter turn 1.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Toby

minnis
    Participant

When I was at silverstone earlier this year for the WEC,I had a roving ticket and sat at club block 1. We had a brilliant view of the start finish straight and the pits. I would’ve thought block 2 will have a good view of at least part of the main straight at least. Afraid I can’t be of any more help than that, but I’m sure you’ll get a good view. At the very least you’ll be right in front of the podium!

Toby
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure block 2 will have the view I want, and I did ask for seats as close to block 1 as possible. I just wanted to make absolutely sure as the tickets are far from cheap.

Matthijs
    Participant

Well Toby, did you have a good view? And did you enjoy the race from your position?

Toby
    Participant

I dunno, I don’t go until the 2017 GP ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.