Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Public Group active 3 days, 7 hours ago

Group for fans going to the Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Going to the 2013 Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

This topic contains 59 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Asif Asif 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tippo
    Tippo

Interesting the posts about the best sections. I’m flying over from England for the race, my first time to Montreal, and booked the tickets ages ago. When I booked I didn’t appear to have any ability to pick a section or row, simply the GS.

Went for a Trio in the end. I’m in 15 on Friday (which I’m expecting to be a bit rubbish), 24 on Sunday (section 5, row PP) and 12 on Sunday (section 2, row U). Judging by the S2G they’re not the best possible seats then? A shame I couldn’t pick at the time but I’m sure it’ll be great anyway.

Profile photo of S2G-Unit
    S2G-Unit
    Participant

@George O’Donnell:

Yes, there will usually be a lot of people going to the track even on Friday. Our Friday’s seem to resemble many other tracks qualifying sessions from TV (attendance wise).

You need to get off at the Parc Jean-Drapeau exit. So you guys need to take the YELLOW line (it will be the same exit if there is a Thursday open house at the track)

This a ferry that leaves from the old port & goes to ile sainte-helene (same connecting island where you would get off on the metro/subway). F1 weekend there usually a boat every 30 minutes. It costs 15$ per day for a round trip. The ride lasts about 10-15 minutes. You will get a chance to take great pictures of the Montreal skyline.

You buy your ticket at the booths in the old port near where you board the ferry.
    https://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=montreal+science+center&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=montreal+science+center&hnear=montreal+science+center&cid=0,0,17528486736130501650&ei=ppabUerxLonk0gGD_4HQBg&ved=0CLUBEPwSMAA

As you can see the ferry lines are in between The Jacques Cartier Pier & The King Edward Pier. Which is also where you buy your tickets.

Profile photo of BaburM
    BaburM
    Participant

I will be traveling from NYC with 3 other friends on motorcycles to Montreal. Tickets booked, hotels booked, motorcycle oil change pending!

Profile photo of Rodger
    Rodger

Has anyone heard anything about a pit walk this year?

S2G-Unit
    Participant

@Rodger:

Yep, it was mentioned 1 or 2 pages ago that it’s back on. Thursday the 6th from 9am-12pm.

All other info is here,

http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/schedule

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt

Anybody know the exact location of the autograph sessions on the Thursday morning?

Profile photo of sennaboy3
    sennaboy3

For anyone fretting over the autograph/”open” house session on Thursday, don’t kill yourself. Unlike SPA or Monza which have good (if not a bit overcrowded) events, Montreal’s is a bore. Killed myself 2 years ago to get up there early; they force you to wait in a long line for rotating drivers, so you have no clue who will be there when it’s your turn. We thought we’d have a better chance waiting in front of the garages, but to no avail…was a waste of time. At least at other tracks you can sit & stake out a specific driver/team & have a fighting chance.

Profile photo of KLCC88
    KLCC88
    Participant

@senna I agree…..unless you plan on selling autographs which probably don’t go for much go and concentrate on take good photos….so much more satisfying see pictures of your time at the GP rather then a scribble!

S2G-Unit
    Participant

Which UK radio station will be broadcasting live commentary during the weekend?

It seems as though BBC 5 live is only airing the 2nd practice & race?

Profile photo of Rodger
    Rodger

Thanks SG2-Unit!

Profile photo of KLCC88
    KLCC88
    Participant

Happy Racing everyone…see you all at the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve!

Profile photo of Eastman
    Eastman
    Participant

Vettel and I stuck in Montreal Traffic

20130606_134704

S2G-Unit
    Participant

Cool picture.

U guys need to look out for my HUGE banners this weekend. Senna Curve, Grandstand 12, section 6.

1 banner tomorrow & Saturday. On Sunday we have 2 banners. The second one is hilarious. You guys are gonna laugh.

See you guys there tomorrow!

Profile photo of Ray Francoeur
    Ray Francoeur
    Participant

Watching the qualifying on TV, went to the pit walk on Thursday and practice yesterday, still editing the pictures I took, but uploaded some to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/ray_francoeur/sets/72157634006955297
    I’m in the West end of Montreal, looks like the weather is clearing a little, hopefully it will clear up at the track before the end of Q1

Profile photo of Asif
    Asif
    Participant

Planning to do. Seems that there are still tickets for sale. Rain seems to turn off the fairweather fans so chances to pick up tix

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.