Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Public Group active 1 month ago

Group for fans going to the Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Going to the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

This topic contains 68 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Alex green Alex green 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Michael Moran
    Participant

I don’t know what the current processing time is, but if you ordered prior to Dec.6, you were to receive them before Christmas. I ordered in late Oct. & received my tics about a week before Christmas. So, I would gestimate 3 weeks.

Jeff Carroll
    Participant

I ordered my tickets back on 12/8 and they were here in CT by the 21st, about 2 weeks+-

Noah
    Participant

alright, thanks guys, they should be in soon

AMNJG24F
    Participant

For those that ordered the Bronze trio (Grandstand 22 Friday, 31 Sat. and 33 Sun) , if the Popular Grandstand is replacing Grandstand 22, where do we sit on Friday now?

Michael Moran
    Participant

Interesting….I thought it was going to be a seperate grandstand, but when I looked at the seating map today, 22 is gone & is now Popular. I wonder if they are going to relocate us to another GS since the Popular GS is a free for all. It actually won’t make that much difference for me, as I won’t get in on Friday till after FP2. I do plan on going out to the track to see some of the Support practice & to get familiar with the Metro and time it takes to get to various parts of the track so I can make maximum use of time on Saturday & Sunday.

Michael Moran
    Participant

As a followup….I sent a message asking about the Bronze Pkg Grandstand for Friday to the Circuit’s Facebook page & got this back:

“The ticket office will get in touch with you early next week, in order to fix this. Thanks for your patience. Have a nice weekend”

F1antics
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Did you get an answer from the ticket office re popular vs the bronze package 22?

And to everyone else, has anyone heard whether there’ll be any big concerts on over the weekend?

Michael Moran
    Participant

Not a word from them on what they are doing. Appears Montreal’s communication isn’t any better than CoTA’s, but they sure send their tickets out sooner, lol!

Haven’t seen anything official on activities in Montreal….not even for the Crescent Street thing.

I have a 6am flight out of Montreal on Monday morning….anyone have any experience with what it is like at the airport that early. I’m thinking I will need to head that way around 3am.

F1antics
    Participant

Sorry, no, most of my flights out of Montreal have been in the evening. I know the 247 bus from downtown to the airport runs 24 hours a day (hence the name). I’m sure Tim Horton’s would be open 24 hours, if nothing else, so you’d be fine for coffee and timbits.

Michael Moran
    Participant

The only thing I’m a bit concerned about at the airport is if it is going to be a zoo & if I should plan on more than 2 hrs to clear security. I was planning on taking the 747 Express bus, but not sure what the area where the bus picks up close to Crescent St. is like at 3am. My condo is about a block from the bus stop.

F1antics
    Participant

Ah yes, the 747 not the 247 – so it’s not named because it runs 24/7. Doh.

If no-one else responds, I’ll ask a friend who lives in downtown Montreal. He’ll probably have caught flights at unsociable hours too.

Tony
    Participant

For the 747 bus you can check out the schedule on the stm.info site. There is a stop at the corner of René Lévesque and Bishop which will be closest to Crescent http://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle will get you directly to information about the 747. Click on the direction then the stops for the schedule

Michael Moran
    Participant

Looks like I may have to leave 2 something based on the times at Bishop. If anyone knows, as the schedule is listed, it starts at 5am & progresses thru the day with the early am hours in the evening bracket. So, should I be looking at the Sunday evening schedule for times, because they are currently different on Sunday’s schedule & Monday’s schedule. I know I am over thinking this, but it’s a long way till June…lol!

F1antics
    Participant

You can probably get advice when you’re there. I found transport staff to be very helpful on previous visits, and the tourist office (on Peel St, I think) was also a good source of advice.

My friend who lives in downtown Montreal says that the area around the bus stops on Rene-Levesque is safe, and that the airport tends not to be a busy one.

Michael Moran
    Participant

See there….over thinking things when the obvious solution is right there in your response. Ask when I get there, DOH! I feel like a Homer,lol. Your answer on the bus stops is a relief. I didn’t want to spend an additional $40-50 for a cab when the 3 day pass will be paid for.

Anyone else ready for the season to begin? I figure by Canada, everyone should have everything sorted out & we should see some really good racing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.