Going to the Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Going to the 2016 Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Are you going to the 2016 Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve? Join or start a discussion below and swap notes with other people who are going to this race.

You can also find more discussion threads about going to the Canadian Grand Prix.

Luke
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I will be going to the grand prix next year. Will be heading over from Australia.

Any idea if the dates are expected to change for next year’s race.

Ive already bought tickets, will be staying in Stand 11 for the weekend!

Cheers

Steve Leach
    Participant

Hey Luke – my pal and I are going again (35th year in a row, save the 2 cancelled years)! We are in Stand 15 at the hairpin. Your stand at Senna corner is a great spot. Enjoy the weekend – Montreal is a great city!

Hamster79
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve bought my ticket (stand 11 too), dying for the dates to be confirmed so that I can get booking flights and accommodation. Travelling from London, my first trip to Canada, can’t wait to explore Montreal and hopefully a few days in Toronto too.

Luke
    Participant

Im doing the opposite way round Hampster!

Aus to Montreal, leaving the night of the race to go to Paris for Euro’s and spending 10 days in France!

Ive booked flights to Canada so hopefully the dates don’t change. Once confirmed ill be booking my flight from Montreal to Paris

Hamster79
    Participant

Dates are confirmed so flights are booked, now it’s on to accommodation!

Montreal and then Paris will be great Luke!!

Cammy
    Participant

Hi guys, I just got 2 Grandstand 12 Section 6 (best section in our view as you can see the start/finish, turn 1, 2, and even up to turn 3) tickets for the f1 weekend for me and my boyfriend. We were wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping tickets for the practice day or qualifying day so we all can experience a different grandstand for a day. Let me know if anyone is interested!

colin5107
    Participant

Hi all
    I have a two week business trip to the US in June and I managed to time it to finish in New York on Thursday 9th. I will then hop a flight to Montreal and have three days at the circuit. Booked a seat in section 3 of Stand 11, which I understand from your other comments is one of the better view points. I fly back to London on the Sunday night BA flight.
    Really looking forward to it, hope to see some of you there!

colin5107
    Participant

Hi all
    I am booked into a hotel in the Longueull area which is west of the river and about a 50 minute walk from the circuit
    I will have a car over the weekend, does anyone know of somewhere between Longueull and the south end of the circuit where it is easy to park?
    I would be happy with a 20 minute walk to the circuit but ideally would want to be somewhere where I can easily get back to the hotel and out to the airport on Sunday evening.
    Any suggestions?

Steve Leach
    Participant

Hi Colin – Parking at the track isn’t the easiest. Finding it is the first task, and when you do, they make you park around “Cite du Havre”, then you take a taxi to the track (about $12). There is no charge for parking. But you have to walk back to the car which takes almost an hour. From Longueuil I think your best bet would be the Metro to the the track. It is only one stop. I have heard of people walking part way across the Jacques Cartier bridge from Longueuil, taking a foot path down to Parc Jean Drapeau island, and walking to the main gate to the track where you would join all the Metro riders. Even after attending for 35 years, I have never tried that so hopefully someone on the forum can shed some light on that idea.

Suggestion? Use the Metro on Friday and Saturday. On race day we pack up our stuff in the car, drive to the track parking lot early, and walk back to the car after the race to head west to Ontario. Hope this helps. Have a great time!

I went in 2011, 2013 and I’ll be going again this year. I always stay on the East side (Longueuil, Boucherville area) and I typically park my car on the street a couple of blocks away from the Longueuil Metro station and take the subway. It is very simple and only one stop. The unlimited 3-day metro pass for the race weekend is $18 ($CAN). One of the bigger advantages is going back to your car at the end of each day 95%+ of the folks will be going into Montreal where you’ll be going away from the city so your train will be half empty opposed to having to wait for several packed trains before you can board.

colin5107
    Participant

Thanks guys, I will take your advice and take the metro from Longueil. I can get a bus from my hotel to the metro stop so I can have a couple of beers if the weather is warm. On the last day I will probably drive to the station as you suggest so I can head straight out to the airport.
    Really looking forward to it and they should have sorted out quali by then!

MtlRacer
    Participant

Hello!
    Last year, I posted in the 2015 thread seeking a Friday ticket that would have otherwise gone to waste. Someone came through and I got to attend the deluge (it rained so hard that day, planes skidded off the runway at the airport).
    So I’m trying again this year. If anyone has a ticket that would otherwise go unused for Friday (or any day for that matter), please let me know!
    Thanks, and enjoy the race!

Hi,
    I would like to swap place for friday to have another view. I have one ticket in grandstand 31 (section 2, row Z, seat 6). I’m looking for a swap in one of these grandstand: 11, 12, 24 or 34 and maybe 21.

Ray Francoeur
    Participant

Got an email this week with new security measures this year. Among the changes are “Spectators arriving at the booth with a cooler or a backpack with authorized dimension (see article 5), a photographer ,travel bag or a metallic case for photographic equipment will have to, before passing through the turnstiles, submit these articles for examination. To accelerate the process, signs will indicate where to go”. Monopods and tripods are listed under “prohibited objects on-site”. Glad I read this before Friday, will leave my monopod at home. Something must have been lost in the translation since drones are prohibited, but “aircraft of type iPod” and “Rollaway Beds” are listed among Authorized Objects on-site. In accordance with a new law in Quebec, smoking is prohibited in the stands and terraces. Not sure how they’ll enforce that one. Full text here
    http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/en/info/security-policies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.