Going to the Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai

Going to the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@grant

How did you go at the Shanghai GP this year. Any tips? Where did you sit?

Clive Robinson
    Participant

Hi guys
    So maybe next year you will go! I went this year very much `on the fly` and I have to say it was excellent.
    A few thoughts
    1) Use the metro if possible ,cheap,modern,easy to work out as they have an english option on machines, can be overcrowded but a damn sight safer than my taxi ride from hell from the airport to my hotel. Get a flight that arrives by 7 or 8 pm to ensure metro still operating.
    2) Hotel choice == I stayed in Anting metro line 11, 4 stops past the track.On race day everyone is trying to get the metro into shanghai, much easier to be going slightly further out.
    3) Ticket choice==I went for main stand upper level, very good. On race day stand was packed and the amount of people standing in the stairwells was a little annoying.
    4)Had to invest in the kangaroo v as no reception on my radio. Will use kangaroo for all races from now on , well worth it. $89 3 days
    Overall, apart from the lack of decent support races China really is an interesting race experience….the Chinese really getting into F1
    Any questions just ask or email to nicandclivey@yahoo.ca

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@rodney where did you buy your tickets

Clive Robinson
    Participant

Hi
    Booked tickets through http://www.racing-china.com/new/f1/2011/default.htm Good service, price for delivery low and 100 wan food vouchers. Delivered to Canada in about a week. For what it`s worth after nearly booking B1-4 or B5-8…. glad i booked the main stand, undercover, good view and closer to amenities.
    Should you be interested accommodation booked through http://www.china-discount-hotels.com/ positive experience

Clive Robinson
    Participant

Accommodation… mentioned last year that Xinci Hotel Shanghai only 0.3 km from track……..nice hotel but someone cant count !! four stops on the metro in Anting metro line 11. Still worth staying there, only 9 minutes away by metro.

Alan
    Participant

@rodney What was the ticket price like? I tend to weigh flyaway races against European races if the ticket is substantially cheaper, as makes up for the flight and a nice flyaway holiday.

Clive Robinson
    Participant

Hi Alan
    Think they were about $350 CN dollars ……….. well worth it.

Funkyf1
    Participant

I’m also going to the Chinese GP this year and was wondering what is the best place to purchase tickets? More so I would like to purchase tickets for Sunday only and the only ticket sales I can find so far have Sat And Sun packages only. I was looking at seats in the grandstand, end of the main straight (B1-3) or turn 15..any suggestions?
    Any help would be appreciated. I will be booking my trip soon, so I will be able to post more info :)

Andrew
    Participant

Hi everyone. I will be landing in Shanghai on Thu 11th April and staying in the Jiading area. Which seems to be relatively close to the circuit. It will be my second GP abroad (went to Singapore in ’11). I attend every Melbourne GP being a local and all.

First time in China, the GP will be the start of my 10 week break… so the GP aside, if anyone is looking to explore Shanghai during the race weekend and also for a few days after the Sunday, then PM and maybe we can team up. I will be sitting in the ‘H’ grandstand. Any advice would be great from locals or people who have attended this race.

Thanks!
    Andrew

Funkyf1
    Participant

Has anyone ever purchased their tickets through bookf1.com, they have been recommended to me for my Chinese GP tickets?

Journeyer
    Participant

@funkyf1 When I went in 2010, I bought my tickets directly from the circuit’s official agent here: http://www.china-grand-prix.com/2798-china/

Funkyf1
    Participant

Thanks @Journeyer looks like a great site

Alex green
    Participant

im flying into shanghai on the thursday aswell,will be staying in the bund area(hotel not booked yet)will probably be taking a taxi out to the track in the morning (sat/sun) and usually get the metro or the free buses back into shanghai and find my way from there,if its your first time make sure you get your hotel to write down in chinese the hotels address in case you get lost as ive never found a taxi driver that speaks english,the metro is cheap and pretty good,there is a english selection on the menu on the ticket machines and signs are also now in english aswell but not all,ill be in stand b1-3 getting wet as usual

Alex green
    Participant

Have now finalised my hotel for china http://www.booking.com/hotel/cn/zhong-xing-jun-ting.en-gb.html?sid=7af72f8ff20e06d78a6a298c7b5a3e27;dcid=1 i arrive into shanghai thursday morning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.