Going to the German Grand Prix at Hockenheimring

Going to the 2012 German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2012 German Grand Prix.

f1matty
    Participant

Hi there, i’m planning to go to the German Grand Prix this year, for many reasons. I have a gap year and the dates for germany fit very well, also its the cheapest option through the tour operator select motoracing. I plan to get a grandstand ticket but would anyone have any advice about the whole weekend and their expereince at Hockenheim?

Hi there!

I am coming over from Australia for the German GP this year. Looking for other people to hang out with between events & at night. I am staying in Heidelberg…. If you’re going drop me a line!

Shylo

Myles Scullion
    Participant

Hi guys. 5 of us traveling from Ireland to Germany for Schumis home race. Huge Schumacher fans 3 of us are, does anyone know if there is a driver meet & greet on the Saturday?

Thanks
    Myles

Wayne

Would you guys recommend General Admission for the Hockenheimring? I’ve been offered some tickets and therefore thinking about booking travel and accomodation.

The best option I can find is to stay in Frankfurt and hire a car, but I’d be happy to listen to any tips. The car is working out cheaper than the train tickets I can find at 68 euros return, plus we wouldn’t be tied to a time if we want to walk the track etc after the race.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always go to Hockenheim when it is for a grand prix. First at 2006 and then 2008 and 2010. I t is very cheap and it is combined with a trip to my cousin who lives in Frankfurt so I don’t have to stay in a hotel either :). This year I have tickets at Innen Tribune C and I would like to know if it is a good place to watch the race from there…

HoolyF1
    Participant

Going with my aunt and uncle to the German GP. Flying from Dublin to Frankfurt, then getting the train to Heidelberg where we are staying for the weekend. Going to the circuit each day by train, although I think it involves a changeover somewhere along the way. ie: 2 trains. Sitting in Sudtribune Oberrang: upper stand overlooking last corner. Can’t wait for what should be a great weekend

f1matty
    Participant

It was very good! Its a shame, unlike in many other events, that you cant roam grandstands on Friday, so you get the same view all weekend but lukily my seat was under the roof, so I enjoyed it very much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonderful! Despite the rain in Friday and Saturday, I enjoyed the race and the atmosphere around the circuit! I hope I will be there for another race in the future…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.