Going to the German Grand Prix at Hockenheimring

Going to the 2014 German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2014 German Grand Prix.

Phil Way

Booked for next July 2014, any reccomendations on campsites. Will have a car but would be keen to be in walking distance of the track. Is it best to book in advance or pay on arrival.

Andrew jones
    Participant

Just booked tickets for me and my 3 buddies. Nordtribune A zone 4-6 low. First trip to the Hockenheimring.
    Will take the car and camp.

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

All booked – tickets arrived about 3 weeks ago. Sitting in Mercedes Tribune – lower tier. Not booked camping yet, but will probably go for C as looks closest to the track.

I have 2 spare Mercedes Tribune tickets for sale – a pair for 500 quid. These are prime seats – on the edge of the grandstand so you can see the cars from turn 3 all the way up to the hairpin and back towards and round the infield section. Cost 300 quid each including delivery etc……email me at markodonnell10@hotmail.com

JP
    Participant

We are thinking about going with the Ferrari. Does anybody know if there’s a special parking lot to leave the car safely?

Also going to Hockenheim for the 1st time. Booked the Innertribune without any real advice. Hoping for a good view. Taking the car and any tips for parking much appreciated. Tks

dragoll
    Participant

Got my tickets last week, so stoked! Sitting in the Sudtribune! Also my first time… I’m so excited, can hardly contain myself :)

greg

This will be my third time to hockenheim, seated in sudtribune e, having previously sat ininnertribune a and nordtribune b .

In terms of special parking i know Nurburgring defginetly did, so i would assum hockenhiem would have something similar, there is an area behind the ‘main’ stand that always has nice cars like ferraris maseratis, porsche etc parked there, but it is not secure and people are able to touch photo etc

In terms of camping the main campsite c3 has a large 2 lane wide concrete park running through it, this becomes the main walkway for getting to the circuit for everyone that arrives by coach, therfore i wouldnt advise leaving any valuables at all. I have never camped there, but walking through in the morning there looks to be quite a few party campers, but there is definitely a great atmosphere, there is a solid structure about halfway through the campsite that is a bar, however anymore than that i cant say

Grahamw
    Participant

I’m going to Hockenheim for my first GP. Have booked seats in Sudtribune C Low so hoping it will be a good view of the Stadium section. I’m camping from Wednesday night through to Sunday, has anyone got any advice on what to do during the downtime? Want to get the most out of it.

If you’re going to the race this year and plan to tweet from the track do let us know what your Twitter handle is as @bbudna and I will be on the look-out for top tweets, pictures and videos to include in the Grand Prix in Tweets articles:

2014 British Grand Prix Friday in Tweets
    2014 British Grand Prix Saturday in Tweets
    2014 British Grand Prix Sunday in Tweets

Andrew jones
    Participant

Keith we will be there this weekend. I’m @andynjones and I’ll be with @PhilAstley1 and @skinnerdavid24

We will be camping in C3 Thursday to Monday. Any other Brits on site please come and say hello and share a beer or 2 :) it should be quite a party atmosphere

Girts
    Participant

My trip to the 2014 German Grand Prix was certainly my personal highlight of the year. It was an adventure against the odds. The trip was too expensive, too hot and at first I could not find anyone to substitute me at work. Still, I have never regretted the decision to go.

We had the best seats, “Südtribüne Oberrang” above the Motodrom, which means that we could overlook at least half of the track from there. That said, we did not see any overtaking as it normally happens in the other parts of the circuit and the big TV screen was a bit too far away for my liking. If you want to see some overtaking or just be close to the cars, then you should pick a different sector.

Saturday was particularly hot. I spent too much time in the sun and the heat, got sunburned and did not sleep well after that. The spectators in the uncovered grandstands obviously had it even worse. The traffic also could have been better as we had to wait in the queue for one hour to get out of the car park after the race.

Yet the positives far outweighed the negatives. The fans (particularly the supporters of Vettel) created a great atmosphere, GP2 and GP3 drivers were signing autographs after FP3, the junk food on-site tasted OK and the girl, who sold me Mercedes merchandise, was really nice even if she did not seem to know the difference between Mercedes and McLaren.

The wet GP2 race on Sunday was fun to watch. During the F1 drivers parade, the German drivers stopped below our grandstands, gave TV interviews and threw some caps into the crowd (Vettel even made a little run to get closer to the fans). Hockenheimring radio played fitting songs during the breaks, such as “Sunshine Reggae” and “Walking on Sunshine”. All in all, it was a great weekend that I will never forget.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.