Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Public Group active 5 hours, 29 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring.

Going to the 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

This topic contains 58 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Chris Mottram Chris Mottram 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hi, has anyone camped at the circuit before, in particular gold panorama?

Any experiences or tips for a group of 4 staying Thurs-Sunday? I imagine the cans and glass rules don’t apply at the camp site otherwise it makes living a bit difficult :D

bjoy

Hi all, does anybody know if the track commentary is in english at all? or is there a local radio station to hear an english commentary at the track?

thanks…

Alex green
    Participant

@bjoy yeah it was in english and local last year

Hi Alex, that’s really useful to know. Do you know if it was FM or AM for the English commentary? FM means I can use my phone but AM means having to pick up a small radio for the weekend.

Cheers

Alex green
    Participant

Pretty sure it was fm,in fact im positive,think it was up at around 97 mega cycles or whatever it is :)
    Reason im positive is i only usually carry my phone

Brilliant, cheers Alex, will make sure the phone is well charged each day then!

Bring on the weekend!

Pavle

Hi all!
    Is it possible to buy tickets directly at the entrance gates on race day (Sunday), without previous reservation?

Andy
    Participant

There is no radio commentary at the track. There wasn’t any last year and there won’t be any this year either, I’ve checked directly with Hungaroring.

Liam
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    Heading to the race this weekend with my Dad. First F1 race for both us of, can’t wait.
    After looking at transport prices etc we’re thinking of trying to take taxis to and from the circuit and sharing them with other race goers. Anyone have any idea how possible this will be?
    Hopefully we’ll be able to meet up with some other fans while we’re in Budapest!

Andy
    Participant

Hi Liam,

We’re also looking at taxis. We managed to share them last year to great success. I’ve sent a friend request so we can try and set something up.

Andy

muess

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about taxis with some saying they’re the best way and take 20 minutes and others saying they get stuck in traffic for hours and you should take the train. Can anyone with experience please give a definitive answer on this? :)

Andy
    Participant

Book with one of the 3 companies that have access to Bernie Ave and they are quick. Other ones are not.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Not going to the race, but i’m hearing the temperature will be up in the high 30′s in Celsius and around 100+ in Fahrenheit on raceday
    Gonna be a real test for everyone, as the tyres wont be the only thing they’ll be trying to conserve…

Chris Mottram
    Participant

Tickets on sale for the 2014 race. Looking at either Gold 1, 2 or Silver 4. Any advice on these would be much appreciated.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.