Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Public Group active 1 week, 4 days ago

Group for fans going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring.

Going to the 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

This topic contains 43 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Ty Ty 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Chris Mottram
    Participant

I went to Budapest last June for a week and it was amazing. Throw in an F1 weekend and this place is going to be buzzing.

I got my tickets for this through http://www.bookf1.com/ in Silver 4. I used the same company last year for Barcelona without any problems.

JasonGlanza
    Participant

General admission tickets can be bought separately yes and at many circuits on friday you can choose where to sit anywhere you want but only on friday if you buy general admisssion tickets. At such circuits general admission is recommended more than stand and vice versa. Hungary is one of the best to stay on a stand for example, i chose silver 4 for this year gp, its an amazing place to sit.

JasonGlanza
    Participant

I have a question for someone from budapest or who already used the service before regards travelling to Mogyorod by train from Ors Vezer station to Mogyorod (enroute to Godollo with H8 line).

How much is a ticket for one way and return please? as im staying near that station so it will be easy for me to use such service if will be worth it.
    Where should i find ticket prices for trains in budapest? as what i found is for normal ones that is metro, buses etc on http://www.bkk.com.
    Is the trains services the same prices as with buses if used within Budapest teritory, i.e. HUF300 approx for one way trip? thanks

bag0
    Participant

@JasonGlanza
    http://www.bkk.hu/kiegeszito-hev-menetjegy-10-15-20-25-30-km/

Here you can see the prices, depending on your destination Mogyorod (North of the track), or Szilasliget (East of the track) I think you have to buy 15 Km / 10 Km ticket for one way. Also I do not remember, if you have to have a regular line ticket (probably not).

So there are some possibilities:
    Going to Mogyorod, and coming back: 2x 310HUF (+2x 350HUF if line ticket is needed)
    Going to Szilasliget, and coming back: 2x 250HUF (+2x 350HUF if line ticket is needed)

JasonGlanza
    Participant

thanks @bag0 :) for your useful tips

JasonGlanza
    Participant

also which is the best place to stop at then? im sitting Silver 4 stand. Also what are the walking distance from each train stop to circuit please?

bag0
    Participant

@JasonGlanza

I would say, Szilasliget, then a 1.5-2Km walk to gate 5. If you go further with the train, you can hop on a free bus to get to the main gate, but I dont think it worths the effort.

TC

Hi, I’m planning on going to this years Hungarian grand prix and am just looking for advice as to travelling to and from the circuit. I’ve read plenty on different web sites and on here but looking for a definitive travel plan. My problem isn’t so much getting there but getting back. I’m thinking of taking the train on the Friday and Saturday and walking up to the circuit, which means I’ll get to see other fans to chat to on the way up. I’m thinking of getting a taxi on the Sunday so we can just get straight to the circuit. Getting back is where I’m struggling. I’ve read somewhere that you can get a taxi to the circuit and they will wait for you till the race is finished and take you back to where you were picked up. Is this correct and if so does anyone know how much this will cost?? I’ve read from fans that you can wait 90 minutes for a taxi back to Budapest but on one of the sites I’ve read that an ’official taxi company to the Hungaroring’ there are minimum waits. Also, is it only these official taxi companies that can use the private road to and from the circuit or can other taxi companies use this road too?

This will be my first time at a GP and obviously I want to have the best experience so any more help and tips for a noobie like me would be greatly appreciated. I’ve got my flights and accommodation booked but still deliberating on what tickets to buy. I was considering getting the Super Gold weekend ticket as it has cover. I have fair skin and if it’s going to be really hot then I thought the cover would be ideal but are the tickets worth it just for that?? I’ve seen a lot of people going for one of the gold and silver stands. Incidentally we’ll be staying at the inter continental in Budapest so if anyone has any reviews of it that would be greatly appreciated too :-)

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

TC
    Read my info post. I’m sure you will find the best way to get there will be by free bus from ArpadHid bus station. A taxi will cost you 9990 forints, about 36euros each way, but that is per taxi , so you can hook up with someone in the queue and share the cost.
    The downside is that on race day you will queue for around an hour as they are that busy. The plus side is that the taxis run from opposite the circuit entrance and that will save you the 25 minute walk back to the bus pick up point and then the most horrendous queue to get a bus, which you will probably stand up on all the way back to ArpadHid.

Steven Milne
    Participant

Hi there I’m booked up at this hotel for Grand Prix this year looks pretty close to circuit anyone stayed here before , any travel tips , after reading some posts here taxis look the best idea so if anyone else staying at this hotel … Halfers on taxi lol

Park Inn Budapest
    Szekszárdi St. 16-18
    Budapest City
    Budapest
    Hungary

Billy
    Participant

Hi,

First time attending the Hungaroring and like other posters have been reading many reviews to try and make the most of it and avoid any newbie travel mistakes.

Planning on getting the official taxi from my hotel (Palazzo Zichy) to the circuit, but lots of people mention the 90 minute wait for a taxi after the race to get back to Budapest city centre and in scorching heat this doesn’t sound v nice.

Is the Ramada resort & water park a viable option for spending a couple of hours afterwards until the queues diminish? I.e. are the bars & restaurants large enough to cope or would I be swapping the 90 minute taxi queue for various other large queues? Has anyone got experience of this?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
    Billy

b
    Participant

Hi all,

I am going to see the GP this year with my father for his birthday which happens to be in the same week. It is the first time for both of us, he’s a bigger fan that I am but I am trying to catch up with all the events until the race. We are driving to Budapest and I was wondering if it is recommended to go to the circuit by car.

I am worried about being trapped in traffic and also about not having where to park the car close to the circuit.

Has anyone done this in the past and can share their experience?

Thanks,
    Ovidiu

tharippa
    Participant

I have a question for people who have attended last year’s Hungarian GP – what are the wireless data options?
    Is there a reliable wifi network or should I try to find a local data plan? My roaming charges go through the roof.

thanks!

Bryn Jeavons
    Participant

Hi Tharipa, no wifi at hungaroring, so you better buy local sim

Chris Mottram
    Participant

Has anyone received their tickets yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.