Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Discussion area for people going to the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix.

Ty
    Participant

Tickets Silver 3 and hotels booked. just waiting to book flights.I arrive on Wed the 22nd and leave after the race. will it be possible to catch a 19:40 Take off flight from Budapest after the race ?

Ty
    Participant

Tickets Silver 3 and hotels booked…..just waiting to book flights…..I arrive on Wed the 22nd and leave after the race….will it be possible to catch a 19:40 Take off flight from Budapest after the race ?

WheelToWheel
    Participant

Mega Gold Tickets!!

Andrew
    Participant

General admission booked. 2 luxury hotels booked either side of the GP, camping for the F1 weekend (plan to!).

Any other tips and advice?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@t-man I don’t think you have enough time for that schedule! The track is 30 mins from the city centre, and the airport is 30 mins from the city in the other direction. And that doesn’t account for race day traffic. Not sure where you’re flying to, but even within Europe you will need to check in at least 1 hour ahead, any further afield 2 hours.

And also it would be a shame to leave the circuit so fast – you’ll want to hang around to see the podium and interviews on the big screen and catch the atmosphere in the city that evening along the Danube where all the nice hotels are!

I would advise you to fly out Monday, and hang around for the post-race circuit and city experience!

Ty
    Participant

Cheers for the reply
    I already booked it but Jet2 changed the flight to 20:50 on Sunday night so it looks like I might make it as I will check in online. …..wot do u think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@t-man That sounds a lot better! You should make your flight much easier based on that.

Good thing about the Hungaroring is that there is much more gradient on the track than appears on TV, so you can see several corners from any one place.

Also, be aware that Hungary uses its own currency, the forint. But you can’t change it back to any other currency afterwards! A few places take Euros (like the airport) but don’t count on it. So don’t change too much money at one time.

If you have time in the city, see the Hungarian Parliament building, it’s truly spectacular. Weirdly enough there, admission is half price for European Community residents!

Budapest is a great city: friendly people, great restaurants and lots to do. Add F1, and it’s the perfect holiday!

Ty
    Participant

Will do….r u attending Thursday session?

Wot would u budget for a very reasonable budget for each day….in terms of food and beers after each day then maybe meals for 3 nights

Anonymous
    Inactive

@t-man I never find Thursdays very interesting at an F1 weekend. If I was in Budapest, I’d see the city on that day (to be honest I wouldn’t bother with Friday at the track either!)

In terms of cash, I wouldn’t convert more than GBP200 (275 Euros) into Hungarian Forints at a time. If you need more, there are plenty of places that change money in the city, or you can use a debit/credit card.

Don’t forget to go down Váci utca in Budapest, it’s the city’s best known shopping street. And also see Buda Castle, it has terrific views across the city!

Ty
    Participant

Cheers for that……I’m a photographer and will be there as I’ve already mapped out areas to visit for my shoots….can’t wait 😊😊

Anonymous
    Inactive

@t-man Have a wonderful time! If you feel rich, have dinner at the New York Café (at Erzsébet körút 9-11, 1073 Hungary), the décor is quite stunning!

Ty
    Participant

Just seen it online plus the pdf menu…..but prices e a little bit confusing. How expensive is it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@t-man The most expensive thing on there seems to be the aged beef steak at 8600 Forints, converts to GBP 19.90 or USD 31. Most other meals are cheaper than this. For a special occasion it’s worth doing, but most other restaurants offer food just as good for half this cost, or even one-third of this cost.

Ty
    Participant

I might give it a go……cheers for the tips dude

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.