Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix at Hungaroring

Going to the 2017 Hungarian GP

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Alex green 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Andy
    Participant

They stopped the fixed price taxis a couple of years back, alas. They now go on the meter but are generally still competitive. Reckon on around 10000 HUF per journey.

Andy
    Participant

With only a few weeks to go it’s quiet in here…

Nobody going?

Mick
    Participant

I’m still here and still going. Looking at the circuits web site most stands sold out so somebodies going.

Steve
    Participant

Me n her are going. Still waiting for my tickets though 😳

Mick
    Participant

Wow, wouldn’t like not having tickets this close to going. I’d be phoning people by now asking where they are. I’ve had my tickets for Hungary and Silverstone for about 10 weeks now.

Alex green
    Participant

Yip got my tickets a few weeks ago,i bought them direct from the circuit

Andy
    Participant

Looks like they’re likely to pull the same stunt as Silverstone and move F2 and GP3 practice to Thursday.

Alex green
    Participant

Yeah seen that and i dont arrive until thursday night.I reckon Liberty are tring to make it a “4” day gp experience

Andy
    Participant

According to the timetable I’ve just got (dated 14/7) the days are staying the same. No F2 and GP3 on Thursday.

Miko
    Participant

Hi.
    Which train line includes the temporary Hungaroring stop? F1 Destinations website advised a line (Örz vezér tere – Gödöllö), but I can’t find a line including the previous and the following stops (which they mentioned as well) with Google Maps.
    Thanks,
    Miko

Istvan Simon
    Participant

Hi Guys! I’m a local Budapest resident, regularly going to the Hungaroring so I thought I might as well give some advices to F1 fans who are coming to the Hungarian GP.

Re Miko’s @mm98 question: yes, one of the easiest ways to get to the Hungaroring is the suburban railway (Green line, called “HÉV” in Hungarian) starting from “Örs Vezér tere”. You can easily get there from downtown Budapest with the M2 metro (Red line). There are 2 lines starting off from Örs Vezér tere, you should take the train in the direction of Gödöllő. The previous station is “Szilasliget”, you may start packing your stuff for exiting train at the next station called “Hungaroring” (temporary station).

Another convenient way to get to the Hungaroring is the public bus line operated by VOLÁN, which is starting from “Árpád-hid” metro station and easily approachable by the M3 metro (Blue line). It takes F1 fans right in the middle of the city of Mogyoród, from where you can reach the Hungaroring track with a 15-20 minutes walk.

Finally you may take a taxi. Please note that ONLY 3 TAXI COMPANIES are REGISTERED PARTNERS of the Hungaroring Sports Ltd. (6×6 Taxi, Taxi2000 and City Taxi). They’ve got fixed rates so if you’re travelling as a group, costs can be shared. This is the most convenient way to get there as their cars are allowed to use “Bernie Avenue”, the service road that leads right to the main entrance of the Hungaroring. Please be aware that, despite every effort of the Government, there are still “unlawful” taxis going around which often charge horrendous rates for foreigner F1 fans. Please ONLY TAKE A TAXI IF YOU SEE A COMPANY LOGO on the top, or on the side of the car! (See preferred companies above!)

Have a great time, enjoy the Hungarian Grand Prix! And try fruit “Pálinka”, the Hungarian national spirit – it beats grappa big time! ;)

Nev
    Participant

Hi Guy’s
    Were going to the Grand Prix arriving late on Thursday. I was planning on getting a taxi but we’ve no-one to share with and it’s a bit pricey. Is there a taxi rank where you can meet up with others and share the cost?
    Alternatively,we’ll go by train and walk the last mile. I heard that the best station to get off at was Szilasliget? Is that the case?
    Thanks
    Nev

Alex green
    Participant

@nev im using this lot https://www.minibud.hu/en basically a shared mini bus airport to hotel,14 euros return

Alex green
    Participant

@nev im using this lot https://www.minibud.hu/en , airport to hotel 14 euros return in a shared mini bus

Miko
    Participant

Hi @nevillecooper
    There will be a temporary train station called Hungaroring used the next weekend which will take you even closer to the track. It comes right after the Szilasliget.
    -Miko

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.