Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

Public Group active 5 months, 1 week ago

Group for fans going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit.

Note this race is not on the 2014 F1 calendar.

Going to the 2011 Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Discussion area for people going to the 2011 Indian Grand Prix.

Vikram

Yeah.. heading there.. :-D

Anonymous

Yep – all 3 days!!

Ashutosh

anyone travelling from bangalore?

NomadIndian
    Participant

Hi,

Will be there on Sat & Sunday. Keith are you attending?

Would love to meet any fanatics attending…

Vikram

Ashutosh: Yeah, i am travelling frm BLR..

Ryan

Going to be there. Question, anyone know if the BBC radio broadcast will be available at the track? I’ve got a scanner I use at Indy to listen to the teams, and the IMS radio broadcast is on 454MHz. Would like to be able to listen to a live radio broadcast while I’m in the stands.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@oryandunn I believe you can get it via the Fanvision handsets, if they’re available.

Ryan

Thanks Keith. I asked on a couple US based sites (I’m from Indiana), and didn’t get much feedback. Are those fanvision handsets the only way to listen to radio broadcasts at the track? I wonder if a local Indian radio station will be broadcasting the race (obviously, I’d need an English broadcast)?

jimbo2112
    Participant

Has anyone been to the track today? I’ve just read on the T&C’s that no SLR’s are allowed! I have lugged my gear half way round the world for this, photography being my amateur passion, so am mightily cheesed off about this. I can see that terrorism is more of an issue here, but back checks should take care of this?

So, has anyone seen any punters flashing their SLRs around today?

Ryan

I was at the track today, and plenty of people (in the Premium South Stand) had large cameras.

On another note, I was able to hear several team radios with my analog scanner. I wasn’t really able to figure out which drivers they were, but I heard “box next lap” transmissions.

I think I was the only one at the track that had a radio. I had the large noise suppression headset and scanner. Security gave me alot of looks, and did a head shake and pointed like I should go get extra screening, but I just said I don’t speak Hindi, and went on my merry way. But, I was able to find the audio of the BBC TV commentary, which is on 455.35MHz. It seemed like BBC TV Control was on 455.1125MHz. Having the commentary in addition to a large screen TV across from our seats, will make for a good race day.

Without a radio, I’m not sure how anyone in the stands knows what goes on at the track. Didn’t see anyone on a phone or tablet with T&S either. Definitely can’t see the text T&S on the video feed. I guess they’re all there just to watch some race cars go past.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@oryandunn I’ve seen some complaints about pollution at the track today, how was it?

Ryan

Well, it’s Delhi. On TV, the skies look grey, almost like a storm coming, but it’s just smog. Other than the smog, we were under a covered stand, and had a nice breeze, so it was really quite nice. We did our best to feel at home, between P3 and Q1, we went out and tailgated!

wecaz

Hi Ryan,

Today I was my first personal experience to F1 race as most of the other people which you have seen in the stands. Initially I was amazed to see the speed, but later I was becoming frustrated as I couldn’t follow the status of the race which used to be a lot easier at home.

Can you advice me how to keep track on the drivers? At circuit, the screen text was unreadable, audio broadcast was inaudible in the engine sound. I don’t have a AM radio, but a FM radio. I am planning to check status in my 3G enabled mobile phone. I am looking for any audio commentary such as BBC.

Thanks.

wecaz

Found it, BBC 5 live sports extra is providing live commentary on internet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.