Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

Public Group active 6 days, 18 hours ago

Group for fans going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit.

Note this race is not on the 2014 F1 calendar.

Going to the 2013 Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hamilfan Hamilfan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Discussion area for fans going to the 2013 Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

Profile photo of Yusha
    Yusha
    Participant

I will be going there this year. Waiting for the ticket release date. Have to decide the stand. I watched the race from Turns 5 to 9 in 2011.

Profile photo of Adithya
    Adithya
    Participant

Hi this is Adithya from Bangalore, anyone interested in joining me for the 2013 Indian GP from the city?

Profile photo of Sunny
    Sunny
    Participant

Going this year with my friend!! booked Picnic Stand (North). My first time live from Track since i started following F1 in 2009. Want to feel the Thrill.
    Till now Only seen Races on T.V

Profile photo of Hamilfan
    Hamilfan
    Participant

Vettel has almost wrapped up this title and his rivals are seething albeit helpless . For a Lewis fan , this season has been pleasant . but again nothing so much to get excited about . Overall there is a looming disappointment among the fans for a season which can only be described at best as bleak compared to the 2012 season . But I am , excited . Very very excited .After two years of narrowly missing out , I will be attending my first live race of my life . I usually tense up so much in the start even when the race is on TV . I can’t fathom the excitement with the soon to be discarded roar of V8s gushing through my ears . Unfortunately, I could not get my preferred stand , got only the North Picnic stand .

To the seasoned Indian GP fans :

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what to take to the circuit , things to be wary of , and things to expect ( that are unexpected ) ?

Will they have fan merchandise there ? probably they likely to be priced as much as an oil well though ;-)

Can I view the pit straight from the picnic stand ?

Profile photo of djbasumatari
    djbasumatari
    Participant

My last V8 race. Just love the screaming sounds of the V8 engines. All the recordings of the V6 engines I have heard of suggests a slightly deeper bassier note. Will miss the shrieks and screams of the V6 engines.

Profile photo of djbasumatari
    djbasumatari
    Participant

@akshay the fan merchandize counters are near the grandstands. Food Is damn expensive rs 250 for a chicken Kathi roll. Better to carry food and have it before u enter the stands.
    They started Selling beer since last year.so that is cool

Profile photo of Amitesh
    Amitesh

Been there both 2011 & 12, and will be there tomorrow too. This time, invited by Force India, so Paddock Club it is :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Will be on the Main Grandstand this race and this will be my first seeing a live race from the stands! The start of the race is one of my favourite parts of a race and I can only imagine how it will be from the Grandstand if I get so excited watching it on TV itself, as @hamilfan said! And yes @hamilfan, fan merchandise will be available on track, though I am sure they will be pricey! I will just get a Ferrari cap, a Ferrari flag and wear the 2013 Scuderia Ferrari shirt I own! ;) You @hamilfan ?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Will be on the Main Grandstand this race and this will be my first seeing a live race from the stands! The start of the race is one of my favourite parts of a race and I can only imagine how it will be from the Grandstand if I get so excited watching it on TV itself, as @hamilfan said! And yes @hamilfan, fan merchandise will be available on track, though I am sure they will be pricey! I will just get a Ferrari cap, a Ferrari flag and wear the 2013 Scuderia Ferrari shirt I own! ;) You @hamilfan ? Ah, already on the stands watching all the work going on in the pitlane!

Profile photo of Hamilfan
    Hamilfan
    Participant

@shreyasf1fan Had the time of my life . Was not let into the grandstands for merchandise as I had a North picnic stand ticket . Anyhow , My ears went partially deaf hearing the V8s WOW ! just want them to return in 2015 !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.