Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit

Public Group active 1 hour, 36 minutes ago

Group for fans going to the Indian Grand Prix at Buddh International Circuit.

Note this race is not on the 2014 F1 calendar.

Where to sit and where to watch at the Buddh International Circuit

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Todfod Todfod 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Where are the best places to watch from at the Buddh International Circuit?

Profile photo of Oli Peacock
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Purely from racing on it in F1 2011 T3 looks like a good shot, you can see the car entering T1 climbing up T2 going into the sharp hairpin T3 which leads you down the longest straight. T10 will also give you long open shot of the cars going though it, which is long corner at medium speed, a bit like Spoon Curve at Suzuka

Profile photo of Saumya Agarwal
    Saumya Agarwal
    Participant

Turn 3 it is :) Classic North stand
    I am also expecting turn 3 to give nice view.
    Looking forward to the Race,
    Saumya

Profile photo of iamunplugged
    iamunplugged
    Participant

I am at Turn 3 as well. Maybe we can meetup. Where are you seated Saumya?

Profile photo of Hamilton123
    Hamilton123
    Participant

Hi guys.

I’m going to the Indian Grand Prix as well and I’m just about to get my ticket. Would like to hear other F1 fans views on where (presumably) would be the best seats in order to see some overtaking/action and generally get a good look at the cars.

I’ve decided to go for one of the Classic Stand tickets, so the option is either:
    West 1 or 2
    North or
    East 1 or 2

Thanks a lot in advance!

Profile photo of rocketredf1
    rocketredf1
    Participant

Hello!
    I’d expect the end of the straight at T4 to afford a great view of the cars at their fastest and some DRS assisted overtaking as well, if they choose that stretch for the activation zone i.e.
    I have tickets for the turn 10 natural stand. That part of the track is elevated but I’m unsure how much of the rest of the track is visible from there..

Profile photo of Vikram
    Vikram

If anyone is planning to buy tkts then jst wait for Sunday coz there are BIG discounts on Oct 23.. of course, because of this offer, there could be a chance of the site going down and things like that, but you can try.. Grandstand tkts expected to be sold for Rs. 15000 instead of Rs. 35000 which is the current price.. Also stands for which the ticket is Rs. 6500 would be for Rs. 4000 and so on.. so in case.. i am heading for the Classic North Stand.. and i am feeling miserable for paying the entire Rs. 6500 per ticket.. but wattu do :(

Profile photo of Saumya Agarwal
    Saumya Agarwal
    Participant

@iamunplugged
    My seats are
    Seat No. : CSN:bk:L-W36,W37

but north stand has a lot of blocks…so i am not sure u are in same block or not….

@Vikram
    don’t worry make sure u tell this to a lot of people…so that the site will crash :P and u might not feel that miserable :P

@Hamitlon123
    east 1 will be the best i guess but it might be possible that the overatking has already taken plac before they pass in front of you.
    north is also a good option… as written by olliekart above
    “Purely from racing on it in F1 2011 T3 looks like a good shot, you can see the car entering T1 climbing up T2 going into the sharp hairpin T3 which leads you down the longest straight. “

cheers
    saumya

Profile photo of Vikram
    Vikram

@ Saumya: Am in Block J.. so guess we need 2 meet in d ‘Village’ if everyone is.. :)

Profile photo of Vikram
    Vikram

Also, just a clarification.. the slashed prices are live right now on the site.. the only thing is the slashed prices are for the RACE DAY ONLY! So, if you wanna watch Qualifying as well.. then no discounts..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

hey guys, did any of you collect your tkts from the 2 box offices mentioned, in Delhi? cud u tell me if the guys in the counter are asking the customers to display the credit card? i mean, are they very stringent? i booked my tkts thru my dad’s CC and obviously, i can’t carry it with me, so just wanted to check.
    also, does anyone know why there’re no stands on the major part of the long straight after turn 3? i mean, are there some under construction, or is it gonna be the same for next year as well?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

T4 for me…

T4 for me and Mrs Bob too. We fly out from the UK on Monday.

Profile photo of Todfod
    Todfod
    Participant

Im at T4 as well. I’m expecting the most action to happen around that corner.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.