Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Camping Autodromo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know when this will be available to book online based on past experience?

I have emailed the address on the webpage and the reply was pretty short and sharp saying the campsite is only open during the F1 weekend and reservations are not possible at this time.

Not exactly doing much to encourage me to stay but assume with it being enclosed in the Circuit park it is the best spot to camp for the weekend.

Any tips gratefully appreciated.
    Simon

JerichoKane
    Participant

Hey!

I emailed the address on the webpage last year, asking for info, and about a month ago I got an offer to make my reservations for this year. I filled out the form and got a reply confirming my reservation.

But today I got this email:
    DEAR CUSTOMER
    SORRY TO INFORM YOU THAT THE CAMPING MONZA SRL
    NOT MANAGE ‘THE CAMPING Autodromo di Monza
    FOR THE GRAND PRIX 2013.
    SO ALL RESERVATIONS ARE VOID.
    GREETINGS

Did someone else plan to stay there? Any ideas? Will post if I get more info…

Michael Moran
    Participant

I’m not camping, but that is odd since they just posted the 2013 prices on monza.net last week. Was it from campmonza@alice.it?

Link to the camping page with prices & contact.

http://www.monzanet.it/en/formula1/3118/f1%20minisito%20Il%20Campeggio%20dell’Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza%20en

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Please let me know if you get any more information as my reservation has also been cancelled!

JerichoKane
    Participant

Yes it was from campmonza@alice.it. I sent another email to infoautodromo@monzanet.it asking for an explanation but got the same auto reply. I just sent the same questions through contact us/request form from the webpage, hoping to get some answer tomorrow…

I find this really strange and hope it doesn’t mean we won’t be able to camp there!

JerichoKane
    Participant

Hey!

After sending them a bunch of email, I got this reply today (from campmonza@alice.it):
    I THINK THAT SOMEONE MANAGE THE CAMP.
    ASK TO THE AUTODROM.
    REGARDS

They also changed the camping info on the website. Seems they are having a problem finding someone to manage the camp. I hope they sort this out soon…

Andrew Clare
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just spoken to the local tourist information office who say the normal campsite – I assume the Bassiano one, is closed whilst they do works on it.
    They couldn’t suggest an alternative. I’m asking my wife (who is Italian and better at speaking Italian) to ask if they know about the non permanent campsites. I keep reading about a place near the Lesmos curves that sounds very close to the track, but in other posts on forums sounds like they pack you in and don’t expect you to sleep – Glastonbury style.
    To be honest I could put up with that for a weekend.
    I’ll let you know what I find out

Michael Moran
    Participant

I believe what you are referring to is the F1 Village & yes, by everything I’ve heard it is an all night party! You might check out this to see if it may fit into your plans.

http://www.campingf1.com/events/italian_grand_prix

Michael Moran
    Participant

Just checked the monza.net site & they have a new contact email listed for camping. Maybe things have been ironed out.

segreteria@campeggiomonza.it

JerichoKane
    Participant

Yes I noticed it yesterday. Already got an offer back, same prices, only they want you to wire them the payment ASAP. Honestly, I would rather pay cash upon arrival, but if there is no other way… I hope to hear back from them tomorrow.

sbl on tour
    Participant

whats the betting that that site will be a sea of red and full of tifosi by thursday morning and who also book it year on year, so its a case of dead mans shoes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.